In the hands of the professionals

Maddie ran over to them. Pulling Nyx up out of her seated position she quickly glanced over her for injuries and pulled her into a crushing hug.
"Oh my god, are you alright?" She asked, worry written all over her face. "I tried to get here quick as possible, I really did! Oh my god, I'm so glad you're alive!" She hugged her again, crushing all the air out of Nyx's lungs.
"Maddie... need to breathe... you're strong..."
"Oops, sorry!" Maddie chuckled, releasing Nyx.
"So, what actually happened to that thing? Cause there is no way that's a normal werewolf." Said Nyx, gesturing in the general direction of the the kitchen.
"We're not sure." Replied Maddie, returning to serious once again. "But it's not the first time something like this has happened. We've had a couple of similar scenarios occur recently. Not just werewolves either. We've had vampires too, and rumours of some faeries in a similar way, though that is yet to be confirmed. This is the first time we've caught one though, dead or alive. The others all escaped. Well done to your family, for catching it."
Nyx smiled mockingly sweetly. "Aww, shucks. Don't mention it. It was our first priority to catch it alive so you shadowhunters could poke and prod at it until you discovered what's wrong. It was all I could think about whilst trying to stop it eating my face."
Maddie rolled her eyes. "Okay, miss sarcasm. Seriously though, good job."

Rachel walked over. "Okay, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we're going to have to stay in a hotel for a few days until stuff gets sorted out. So go, pack your essentials. And Maddie, they want you in the kitchen. Or whatever's left of my kitchen."
"Okay, I'm going." Maddie turned to Nyx, a wicked glint in her eyes. "By the way, were the smashed plates your doing?"
Nyx groaned and put her head in her hands. She'd never live this one down.