Cupcakes

Nyx was grounded.

Okay, technically she wasn't. She wasn't in trouble. She hadn't done anything.
But a freaked out Rachel, once she had heard her daughter had been subject of another demon attack, she'd gone into over protective mother mode and banned Nyx from leaving the house alone until she deemed it safe. Which would probably be forty years from now, the way things were going.

Though currently you couldn't have gotten Nyx out of that house if you paid her. Rachel was making cupcakes.
Nyx had gone into hungry vulture mode, hovering around the kitchen as the most wonderful smell of baking wafted through the house.
She watched Rachel mixing up sugar pink frosting in a bowl, mouth watering.
Rachel grinned at her daughter. "I get the feeling if I left this kitchen for two minutes, I'd return to find, well, no cupcakes that's for sure."
"You know me so well." Nyx frowned. "It's actually really annoying. I can't get away with anything."

Rachel laughed and tapped Nyx's nose with her spoon. Nyx wiped the spot of frosting of her face and popped it on her tongue. "Why would I need to steal cake behind your back when I can just crack a joke and get strawberry frosting?" She smiled cheekily. "Don't I get more for that?"

Slam!
Selene stormed in the door. She dumped her bag down on the table. Pulling out a chair she slumped down in it, scowling.
Nyx eyed her warily. "You won't bite me if I ask you what's wrong, will you?"
Selene growled low in her throat. "Bastard. He spent the whole date staring down the waitresses top. When I confronted him about it, he basically said that if I was thinner, prettier and had a bigger chest his attention would be on me. So then I told him that if he felt like that, maybe he should be spending the evening with the waitress. Long story short, he went with her to her apartment, I ended up getting a cab home."

Nyx walked over to her and wrapped her up in a hug, closely followed by Rachel.
"Oh, baby, be glad you're not still dating a guy like that. He's a jerk if he can't see how amazing and beautiful you are."
Nyx nodded in agreement. "Though, now you see why I don't date."