Devil at the door

Rachel opened the door.
"Oh, hello Maddie! Didn't know you were back!"

Nyx groaned and hit her head on the table. Great. Madeline.
She was a shadowhunter who had stayed in the city for a couple of months. They had met her at a nightclub and she and Travis had hit it right off. Nyx always thought she was a bad influence on him. He hadn't smoked until he met her.
Funny thing was, Madeline was under the opinion she and Nyx were great friends. Madeline had spent what felt like hours gossiping to Nyx about people she really knew nothing about, whilst Nyx nodded, made noises of agreement and generally ignored her.
Maddie had cried when she'd had to leave, saying they were the best friends she'd ever had.
Nyx had thrown a mini party in her room once she'd gone.

Except now she was back. Great.

Madeline sauntered into the room. "Hi, Nyx! Hi, Selene! So, how've you been? We're so excited to see you again!"

We? Oh, no, she didn't bring...

"Mummy, mummy look what I found!"

Nyx silently groaned. Cody, Madeline's four year old son came running in, holding an iridescent beetle. Apparently Madison had only been sixteen when she'd had him, much to the shock of her parents.

"Aw, that's nice sweetie. Go show auntie Nyx. Now, wheres Travis? Cause he's kinda gonna need to be here for this!"

"I'm here, I'm here, nobody panic!" Travis charged down the stairs and then halted suddenly, staring wide eyed a Maddie. "Er... hi, Maddie?" It sounded like a question.
Maddie walked over to him, swaying her hips seductively. She placed a hand on his chest. "Hello, handsome. I couldn't stop thinking about you over the last few months. How kind and loving you are. So as soon as my parents sent me back here, I thought, why don't I try to find that beautiful faery boy I fell in love with, and see if we could get back together?"
"I'm only half faery." Travis mumbled. Then he saw the look Nyx was giving him from across the room. "Uh... no. Maddie, I'm sorry, but no. Your not good for me and there's no way I'm good for you, at least, not where your parents are concerned."

Nyx was silently throwing a party in her head. Yay, he'd managed to turn her down. He'd managed to resist her charms and say no to her for once. A new era has dawned, an era of independence for Travis...

Maddie smiled sweetly. "I think your going to want to rethink that after you hear what I have to say next. You see, I'm pregnant. And you're the father."

Nyx dropped her can of coke.

Bet you weren't expecting that!
Please comment!