Book

The book was... interesting, to say the least.
All Nyx could really say was the world used to be a heck of a lot more savage, violent and dangerous.
Forty pages of human sacrifice and various wars in, and Nyx hadn't found what she was looking for.
But was an expert on ancient laws and rituals.

Exasperated, she threw the book across the room. Then she felt guilty and went and picked it up.
And it was as if fate had meant it to be.
One small paragraph and a sketchy photo of a wood carving.

The Caves of Reflections, regarded as a myth by many, is believed to have untold powers, most commonly recognized was the ability to manipulate reality through its crystals

The caves were said to have a guardian, portrayed in the image above, a strange being who was neither Downworlder nor demon, but possessed the traits of both.
The location of the caves is said to have been lost in a war against the demons, around the time of Jonathan Shadowhunter and the first Nephilim.

Nyx whistled low through her teeth. Once again, Lady Mater had known something she couldn't have, exactly what Nyx was looking for.
Nyx didn't know whether to be grateful or afraid.

And then there was something else bugging her.
"That's my girl."
Lady Mater had said it so casually, ruffled her hair so casually, almost as if... as if they knew each other.
So casual, like her siblings or Rachel would.

And for an abandoned orphan, that raised many questions.
Forbidden questions.

Nyx berated herself. She just couldn't do it, could she. There always had to be something, something to pick at.
But she couldn't help thinking.

"That's my girl."

Pwease comment! I like talking to you! Pwetty pwease!