Fog

The fog flooded the house, making it hard to see. The creatures kept coming, climbing in through all the windows of the house.
There was a sound of splintering wood, and the front door was ripped off it's hinges. More creatures spilled into the house.
Nyx, Maddie and Alec were trapped. They were completely surrounded, fending them off left and right with whatever was at hand.
Nyx brought the chair down hard on a creatures head, splitting the wood in two. The creature stumbled back, disoriented. Nyx wielded one of the broken legs like a stake, stabbing at another one.
Maddie yelled over the noise. "They're not dying! I can't kill them!"
Nyx yelled back, remembering something from her vision. "Try taking off it's head!"
She kicked another one, sending it reeling back into Alec.
He ran it through, then lopped off it's head. "Yup, that's effective."
Nyx raised her meagre weapon against the advancing foes. "It's got to be bad when you'd give your right arm for a plate. Still, Buffy was alright with a stake."
She fended off another and another as they kept advancing. "Say, why don't you go find her?"

The smog was cloying and heavy, making it hard to breathe, let alone see. Nyx stumbled through the grey swirls, beating away anything that moved.
Everything seemed to move.

Oxygen was getting rare. Obviously, these creatures didn't need it as they were still going strong. But for Nyx, Maddie and Alec, it was making them dizzy and drowsy with asphyxiation.
Nyx could hear the gasping coughs of the others as they struggled to breathe.
She could feel her own consciousness slipping away, her vision crackling at the edges.
She gave one last swing towards a creature, the force sending her tumbling to the floor, unconscious.

Lady Mater walked through the fog.
First, in the office she found the last two pieces of the map. This was excellent. Now she had the whole map.
But she needed something else.
She looked at the prone forms of the three teenagers unconscious on the floor.
"Bring them."