City streets

"How dare she? How dare she blame me? How dare she?"

Nyx was storming down the street, visibly fuming. The murky twilight cast twisted shadows across the sidewalk, reflecting Nyx's foul mood.
Today had been terrible.
Rachel had come home with some 'wildly outrageous' story about how a friend saw them at a club when they were grounded and supposed to be doing homework. Of course, when asked about it, Nyx had denied everything. Then Selene had cracked under Rachel's icy stare, spilling everything and somehow making it sound like it was all Nyx's idea. And Nikolaus hadn't helped, choosing that moment to stumble out of his room and throw up.
Rachel had lost it, Nyx had been blamed, and it had resulted in a fight ending with Nyx storming out the house.

"I mean, why do I have to be the responsible one? I'm hardly the eldest, heck, Nicks over two centuries old! Not my fault he got stoned!"
Rage burned in her eyes, shifting them from stormy grey to burning red. Nyx's eyes were rather unusual. They shifted colour depending on her mood, usually staying a silvery-grey, but being known to shift rather quickly to a variety of colours including sunset orange, emerald green and even luminous purple.

Angrily she wandered aimlessly down the streets, eyes blazing, not caring really where she was going, when she felt it. A presence down the passage to the left. A putrid smell crept into her nostrils.

Slowly, she peered around the corner to see something in the shadows. Something large and scaly crouched at the end end of the alley feasting on something indistinguishable.
Mentally, Nyx cursed.
It was some kind of demon.
Nyx didn't know which, but she knew enough to know she had to leave, now.
But it was too late. The thing turned his head, to fix directly on where she was hiding.

"Uh, oh."

Nyx turned tail and fled down the road.