Smashing time

The wolf bore down on them, its eyes locking on to its new prey. Nyx swallowed nervously. She whispered to Nick. "Do you have a plan?"
"No. You?"
"No."
The creature stalked towards them, a growl humming low in its throat.
They began to back away, down the hallway, towards the kitchen. The wolf snarled at them, bloody froth dripping from its maw.

Nyx gently pushed open the kitchen door behind her and rushed inside, pulling Nick after her. They tried to slam the door shut, but the wolf lunged, wedging itself between the door and the frame.
It forced its way into the room, practically shredding the door with its power.
Nick looked around wildly. "There's no weapons!"
"Gods sake, man, your a vampire. What do you need weapons for?" Nyx hissed. Was it just her, or were boys sometimes really stupid.

"Good point. But I'd rather keep this thing at arms length. Or further, preferably."
The monster wolf snarled and pounced. Nyx shoved Nick a spatula. "Weapon. Go!"
Nick lunged, catching the wolf in mid air and crashing it to the ground. He wrestled with it, attempting to snap its neck.
"Nyx!" He grunted, struggling to hold the thrashing beast. "Get Maddie on the phone. Call Maddie!"
Nyx grabbed her phone and dialled. Maddie picked up almost instantly. "Nyx! What's up?"
"Maddie."Nyx spoke, voice cracking from fear and adrenaline. "Maddie, we need your help. Some rogue werewolf's attacked us, we think its sick. Please, we need help!"
Maddie suddenly sounded alert and serious. "Sick? Sick how?"
"Ummm..." Nyx could see Nick was flagging. The wolf was wearing him down, yet it showed no signs of flagging. Nyx swallowed. "Uh, black eyes, foaming mouth, mangy fur, bad temper. Possibly increased strength. Are you coming or not?!"
"Right over!" Maddie replied, before cutting off.

The wolf threw off Nick and lunged at Nyx. Quickly, she scrambled for a weapon. Her eyes fell on a pile of plates.
Oh, the irony. The cruel, cruel irony.

She grabbed a plate and smashed it over the head if the wolf just as it reached her. China shards rained down onto the floor as the wolf stumbled back, stunned. Nyx re-armed herself, a plate in each hand as the wolf shook itself and advanced again.

Please, leave a comment!