Battle ground

She could hear it behind her as she tore down the street. Claws on concrete, hissing and spitting as it slithered after her.
She dived down a side-alley, past a large shop window. She glanced at her reflection as she rushed past. A mad grin was pasted across her likenesses face the glass.
"Your enjoying this, aren't you?" She thought. "Why are you enjoying this?"
"You are enjoying this because you know what your going to have to do next."
"And now your having a conversation in your head. Concentrate on escaping! Priorities!"
Next thing she knew, she reached a dead end. "Oh, brilliant."
Nyx looked around frantically for an exit. Nothing. But there was a pile of scrap up against the back wall, a possible source of weapons.
A shadow filled the alley. The creature stalked towards her, running its tongue over its teeth.
Nyx's eyes widened in fear. Adrenaline rushed through her veins, she quivered in trepidation. The demon crept closer, an evil grin on its scaly face. "Pretty girl out sssso late." It hissed. "You'll make a deliciousssss meal for lucky me."
"Eeeh." Squeaked Nyx, pushing herself back into the wall, trying to avoid his gaze. "I... but... You... don't... "
Her hand fished around in the trash behind her, looking for a weapon. Her hand wrapped around something metal.
The creature came right up into her face, sniffing her. A wicked grin crept across Nyx's face, her eyes shifting dark and stormy, black creeping in at the edges.
The demon blanched for a second, taken aback by her smile. "One thing you should consider before that." She said, eyes turning darker still. "This." And she brought the metal pole from behind her across its face, hard.

It reeled back, not badly wounded but definitely shocked. Taking the split second distraction, Nyx vaulted past it and ran back out into the open street.
The creature screamed horribly and took chase again. But this time, Nyx was choosing the playing field.

It pounced, attempting to pin her but she deflected it with her pole. They fought, it lashing out with teeth, claws and tail, her deflecting its attacks and raining down blows.
Part of her knew she should be panicking. Part of her knew she should be losing. But she wasn't. Instead, her blood sang inside her as she fought, uncharacteristically enjoying the adrenaline and the rush this was giving her.
As they fought, she lead it on a dance, leading the demon to her desired destination. A place where she knew she could take it out.

Finally, they reached an array of abandoned storefronts. Nyx and the creature circled each other, their reflections playing over and over in the shop windows. The demon wheezed, a small trickle of blood pouring out of its mouth. "What...What are you?." It whispered in a hoarse voice. "You fight like a shadowhunter, but you bear none of the marks. And your... Your blood. It's... is different."
"Different." Nyx mused,rolling the word around her mouth, tasting it. "Different. I like that. I'm different."
Her smile widened.
And then all hell broke loose.

Please comment your reactions about this chapter, I'm really not sure if it's good. Also, anyone got a song for this chapter?