Memories of war

Nyx watched, invisible as a ghost, as the creatures surged forwards on the army.
A cry went out from somewhere. "The Draugr, their advancing!"
Someone else yelled, from the midst of the fray. "Aim for their necks, take off their heads! There's no other way!"
Overhead, the weather rumbled and howled. Then Nyx saw them.
In the center of the battlefield, locked in combat, were two women.
One was obviously a demon. Extremely beautiful, but in a cruel, harsh way. She oozed evil and insanity in every move she made. The snakes for eyes didn't help.
She summoned up indescribable power, firing blasts of burning, deathly magic at...
Nyx.
Or rather, her uber powerful double.
Except, this time, she weren't so pretty.
Her eyes were black, streaked through with burning red. Fangs decorated her mouth, not like any vampire or wolf she'd ever seen. This lady was something else. Something powerful.
Suddenly, Nick's voice floated through her mind.
"Have you ever heard the phrase 'fight fire with fire'? That's probably the best comparison for the Guardians protection. Sometimes, she was as bad as the demons, she was just on our side"
But... the guardian was beautiful, wasn't she? She had been in Nyx's dream. What was this?

"Sometimes a young woman of extreme beauty, other times an indescribable monster, and sometimes invisible and spirit-like as the breeze"

Oh god, oh god, oh god. This was the Guardian. This was the war in the story. And that meant...
That meant...
That meant too many things.

Suddenly, she felt a tug in her gut. Her vision wavered, like television static.
Another tug. Black crept in at the edges of her vision.
Once more, and she was falling.
Like Alice down a rabbit hole, she fell.
A voice echoed around her.
"Remember, a mother will do anything for her child. Anything.
There's more than one power at play here. And the lines of good and evil are easily blurred."