Infirmary

Nyx slowly cracked open her eyes. For a minute she'd wondered if she'd gone blind. Then she realized she was looking at a shockingly white ceiling. She was laying on a low bed in what appeared to be some kind of infirmary.
He head throbbed painfully. When she put her hand up to it, she felt bandages.
"Hey, Nyx."
Nyx turned to her right. There stood Maddie, leaning casually against another bed, a concerned expression on her face. "How are you feeling?"
Nyx coughed weakly. "Never better. I just love being knocked out by blob monsters."
Maddie laughed. "Well, at least it hasn't damaged your sense of humour."
"You're happy now, but you'll be wishing it had once I'm completely recovered. Even now, my mind is cooking up a bunch of head injury related quips, with a side order of demon therapist jokes."
Maddie laughed again. "I think I'll let your family deal with those. Come on, if you're recovered enough, I'll take you home."
"Why aren't I at home already? I mean, why did you bring me here?" Asked Nyx.
Maddie shrugged.
"Well, the on the record answer is your injury was a little too advanced for mummy's first aid kit, and a lot of problems can arise from taking a downworlder to a mundane hospital. Off the record is I figured you didn't want any more shadowhunters knowing were you live. Yes, after a while, your mum's paranoia becomes that obvious. Now I just have to work out the best way to get you out, without being waylaid by the others. By any chance, have you met Alec before? Cause he seemed to recognize you."

"Met him once, at Magnus's. Don't really know each other."
"So what's with the plate-smashing thing? I hadn't heard about that!"
Nyx rolled her eyes. "My claim to fame. The rate that stories going round, half of the downworld's gonna know by next week."