Lucky

Nyx awoke on a cold, hard floor. The cool stone pressed against her cheek, making her face feel strange.
Slowly, she pushed herself up to a sitting position, and looked around.
Alec and Maddie lay next to her, just coming to. Alec blinked, rubbing his eyes. "Where are we?"
Nyx looked around. Oh no. It was real. It was very real.
The caves. They were in the caves.
Glittering pale blue crystals decorated the curved walls with a thousand lights. It was a beautiful but cold light, rippling like water.
Nyx was brought back by a groan from Maddie. "Mads, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm... ow! No, I'm not okay. Nyx! I think... I think the baby's coming!"
Nyx's eyes grew wide and she rushed to Maddie. "Are you sure? Maybe it's just... I dunno... something!"
Maddie cried out again. "I think... I think the attacks made me go into early labour. Nyx, help me, please."
Alec ran over. "What's going on?"
Nyx grinned sarcastically. "It's our lucky day. I've always wanted to be trapped in a cold, damp cave with no idea where I am with my friend going into early labour, haven't you?"

Alec went pale. "What do we do?" Nyx rolled her eyes. "You could try your cellphone. Get a call to someone? You go do that."
She turned to Maddie. "You've done this before, I know nothing. Tell me, what can I do?"
Maddie winced once again. "The baby probably won't come for some time yet. It may be a false alarm anyway. Just... lend me your jacket for a pillow. And talk to me. Distract me."
Nyx folded the jacket under her head. "Did I ever tell you about my holiday to France? Mum gave us a tour down memory lane of the French revolution."