Power

Maddie screamed once again in pain. "Aaaaaah! It's definitely getting worse! What's Nyx doing? I need her!"
Alec looked like he was about to panic. "Hold on, just hold on. Nyx is... hopefully trying to get us out of here."

Nyx stared at Lilith, eyes wide. "So you want to use the Guardian's cave power thingy to resurrect some dead guy. Where do we come into this?"
Lilith laughed again, the cruel sound echoing around the caves. "Let me tell you the real truth of the Guardian. The Guardian is not the hero you all want to believe. She is ancient, older than time. She has been here since the beginning.
You see, the Guardian is not so much a person, as power. Raw magic of undefined strength. So much so, it could take a form and walk this earth as if a person. But make no mistake, she was no benevolent. But then the power was used to create a ritual, possibly the most influential ritual of your measly lives. And doing so corrupted the power and broke her. But the power could heal, eventually.
When she used the corrupted power to save Jonathan Shadowhunter, she destroyed her physical form. But the power remains. And it wants to be whole again."
Nyx raised an eyebrow. "This is nice, lady, but my friends having a baby, can we hurry this up?"
Lilith patted her cheek. Nyx reeled back, revolted. Lilith spoke. "You're more and more like her each day." She muttered.
Then she continued. "So the living power is healed but it has no physical form. No ability to walk on this earth by itself and no being strong enough to carry it. So what do you think it does?"

"Lady, you are asking my opinion on the thoughts of magic energy. Are you okay? Do demons get sick or have hallucinations?"