List

Nyx decided to make a list. So much had happened recently, some of it seemed connected but she could not make heads nor tails of any of it.
She took a pen and began to write.
1. Caves of Reflections myth- what is it?
2. Zombie downworlder things- what the hell?
3. Strange dreams- Dreaming about stuff I have no knowledge of. Maybe coincidence?
4. Maddie's pregnant- the clave doesn't know. Good or bad?
4. Rachel- is she Lucifer's child?  Cause if she is, that adds a whole new level to no.3
5.Lady Mater- extremely weird. In some way relevant to No.1

Nyx looked at the list. Most of it seemed connected in some way or other.
Nyx leant back in her chair, chewing on her pen.
What she really needed was to know that legend.
She ran through in her mind the list of people who could tell her.
Rachel knew, but short of waterboarding, there was no way she was getting anything out of her.
Travis knew, but faeries were very good at staying zip lip when they wanted to. He had just as much intention of telling her as Rachel- none.
Lady Mater knew. She probably knew more than anyone. And she obviously wouldn't mind sharing with Nyx. But Nyx was beginning to feel that something was really off about Lady Mater.
And she was looking for a story, not a three day lecture with actual scientific fact, no-mess-no-foul evidence.
Short of that it was Selene, Nick or Magnus.
Magnus saw of Nyx the same way you see a fruit fly buzzing around your head- an irritation but not important. Nyx saw him the same way a fruit fly saw a newspaper, something to advoid.
Selene wouldn't know, she couldn't keep her mouth shut. Anything she knew, Nyx knew. And probably had told her.
That left Nick. He'd never said anything about it, so she had no idea if he knew or not.
But if he did...
Fate couldn't be that kind, could it?