Chapter- Fifty-seven

Oliver's POV-

I was counting down the days until I would pop the question. I hope she'll say yes. After that night she asked me if I was going to leave her, killed me inside. I know it was probably whatever she was dreaming about that made her question me. I would never do such a thing to her. I was worried she still had that question wandering around in her head. I don't want her thinking things like that. I know she knows that I would never do that. It was racing around in my head that she could still be thinking about it. It made me nervous to the point where I didn't know what to do.

I shifted in my seat as I took notes. I knew I had to focus, but the room seemed to be clouded with everything. At practice I slammed down the other players during a scrimmage. My heels dug into the turf as I was turning my body to run in another direction. Slamming down to the ground, I heard someone grumble.

"Dammit, Oliver. Take it easy. You are going to get us injured."  I got up and dusted myself off, then offered a hand down to Logan.

"Oliver, come here!" I heard coach yell from the sideline. I jogged my way over, taking off my helmet.

"What the hell are you doing? I know I said play rough. I didn't say play so rough that you kill the others."

"Sorry coach." I breathed out.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, coach here was like a second father to all of us. He knew when something wasn't right, and instead of just yelling at you, he actually got your side on things.

"It's stupid. I don't even know why I'm worrying about it, coach."

"Sit." He told me and then told Caleb, our quarterback, to take things over for now. Once coach's attention was back on me, he took a seat next to me.

"You see, this one night Daniella woke up and asked if I was going to leave her. It's been bothering me. I don't know why she'd think something like that. It makes me feel like I'm not doing enough for her." I explained.

"Ah women problems. I know how that one feels. Honestly, just don't stop loving her and showing her you care. Whatever it is will leave her mind and everything'll be fine. Stop worrying about what could happen, focus on what you can do to keep those things that could happen away." He spoke.

I took in his wise words; I decided that yeah, I'll do just that.

"Thanks, coach." He patted my back and yelled at me to get back out there and to not kill anyone. I lessened the angerment in my tackles, only taking them down lightly. My mind cleared and I was back in the game.

I closed the apartment, hearing the pitter-patter of Spar's feet coming towards me. I kicked my shoes off and picked her up, holding her close to my face. I took in the feel of her soft coat, stress fled me. Another class slipped out of my mind.

The thought of her mother's wedding came into my mind again. I felt goose bumps spread over me as I took a seat on the couch with Spar. I couldn't wait to put that ring on her finger. I'm going to be even more happy than I am now. I can picture us having few children in the future. Having little me and Daniella's running around is going to be a great time. I can't wait to live the rest of my life with her. She's so special. I know, the sappy boyfriend is here again. You don't understand though; I am the greatest man alive. If I wasn't born the year I was, I most likely would be living a different life. I'd do anything to be in her life.