Chapter- Eighteen

Detention on a Friday is the worst. It's like hell but you're actually alive and living it. The students in detention were spitting on each other, shooting spitballs, kicking the desk, placing gum under the chairs and desks, and one had even managed to cut a girls hair. I slouched in my chair and tried to read. I was amazed when the teacher came back in the room that no one stopped what they were doing. The teacher didn't even care. This is plain torture.

I closed my book and shoved it in my bag. I could see Oliver waiting by the library windows. The hour is almost up and I'm getting antsy. The detention teacher walked in and stopped.

"You can all leave now." He said with a low voice and then pushed his glasses back up. I grabbed my backpack and began walking to Oliver. I flung my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"That was the most horrible detention ever." I cried. He wiped the tear from my eye.

"I won't make you late anymore cupcake. I'm sorry." He said and kissed my forehead.

"It's not your fault. I wouldn't shut up." I said with a small laugh. He opened the car door and let me in. I reclined the seat and closed my eyes.

"Are you tired?" He asked.

"A little." I said and opened my right eye.

"We were given a bunch of homework and I did it all in study hall and a little in fashion also." I told him.

"We can take a nap when we get to my house, if you want." He suggested and I smiled.

"I would love that." I said and look out the car window.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out. I jumped onto Oliver and he carried me koala style. My arms wrapped out his neck as my head rested on his shoulder. I didn't have to ask him because he could tell I didn't want to walk inside and up steps.

He placed me lightly on his bed, too my shoes off, and threw them near his door. I rolled over to the side I sleep on and pulled the covers over me. I took a hair band and put my hair up in a bun and moved closer to Oliver.

"I talked to my dad." He suddenly said. I sat up and leaned against the headboard.

"What'd he say?" I asked.

"He told me that since I'm not going to college for football, I can't go to the same college as you." He said.

"That's stupid." I said.

"Tell me about it. So I told him I would join the college team as an activity, not as my college dream though." He said and his lip started twitching.

"So, what exactly are you telling me?" I asked him, biting my lip.

"We will be going to college together." He smirked and I stared at him with wide eyes.

"This is great!" A smiled grew on my face and I wrapped my arms around him.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. I felt his lips kiss the top of my head.

"We're going to college together." I whispered.

"Yes babe, yes we are." He whispered back.

"I would never want to leave you alone at college, you're my delicate flower." He told him.

"And I always need my teddy bear with me when I go to sleep at night." I giggled a little.

"Your giggle is cute." He said. I curled myself into a ball and laid my head on his shoulder.

"You are the only one that thinks that." I said.

I pulled my hood over my head and rested my head down again. I let my eyes close to the sound of his stomach making strange noises. My breathing slowed as my body started to go into a sleep mode.

He'll be waiting. He knows exactly where you are going and nothing will stop him from thinking of such things.

"I'd be careful with who you make friends with, they might have connections." A voice told me.

"If you want to do well in life, learn to be on your own. Stop depending on someone." This voice said again.

I see myself, The room is dark but the spotlight is on me. I leaned up against a wall in a corner. I'm crying and my makeup is running down my face. What happened to me? Why am I crying so hard? I looked a little to the left and there was my answer.

My eyes shot opened.

"You alright? You were shaking." Oliver said.

"Just a weird dream." I said. I turned my head and looked at the clock.

"I should get going. I think my mom wants me home for dinner tonight." I said and he nodded. I kissed his cheek and swung my legs over the edge of the bed.

"Don't I get a real kiss?" He asked.

"Of course." I said. 

I scooted closer to him and sat at angle. I leaned down and placed my chapped lips on his. His lips were moist and soft that it gave life to mine.

"I'll see you tomorrow, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think Elliot is joining us." I said and he nodded. I walked to where I put my shoes, slid them on and said my final goodbye. And that's when I remembered he brought me here.

"Oliver, I need a ride!" I shouted up the steps.

"Coming!" He shouted back and I could hear him walking around in his room.

We finally got into the car and made our way to my mom's.

"I can't believe it's snowing already. It's only the end of November." I said.

"It snowed earlier the year before. But yes, I'm amazed too." He said. I looked out to the flurries coming down. It was already dark out and the street lamps made the snow have a glittery effect to them.

"Thanks for the ride." I said and leaned over to kiss one more time.

"No problem." He smiled.