Chapter- Forty-six

I lose myself into a trance while watching the water droplet venture down the plastic coffee cup. I trace the trail it took with my fingers, feeling the coldness seep into my skin.

"Are you even listening?" Bridgette asked and I nodded.

"What did I say then?" She questioned in a sharp tone.

"You were saying how I needed to get a nice outfit for the party you want me to go. You also said I need to bring the man in my life with. Hows that?" I quirked my eyebrow up.

"Fine you were listening. But you missed one detail, sweetheart. That outfit has to make him want you even more. I know it would be a bonus to know that my brother would be watching." She smiled deviously. I rolled my eyes.

"Oliver finds me attractive no matter what I wear. Why does it have to be skanky? I would like to dress appropriate and not have my boobs fly all over the place." I told her.

"Or would you want them to fly all over in his face?" She snickered.

"That's nasty." I said as I went to take another sip of my iced coffee.

"I know. But anyway, do you wanna piss my brother off?" She asked. I smirked and thought for a moment. I feel like I should piss him off for fun since I have no feeling for him and what he did to me was extremely wrong.

"I don't see why I can't." I answered with a grin.

"That a girl." She patted my shoulder.

If you were wondering why Bridgette and I are talking, we sort of became friends. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. I am giving her a chance, everyone deserves at least one chance, although she kind of blew that one back at college. Anyway, we came across paths two weeks ago. I was on my way home from a college party and saw that someone was wrapped up in another person's arms struggling. Bridgette was the one struggling, and her abusive boyfriend was groping her. I had taken my heel off and whacked him several times until he let her go. Then with my other foot, with the heel, I shoved the heel into his crotch. I had picked Bridgette up and we ran. I took her back to my place and let her stay the night. We decided to start over and begin fresh. There a friendship bloomed.

"I have to head back. I'm expecting a shipment in an hour or so, and Will should be done unpacking." I told her and stood up from the bench.

"See you later cheeka. Remember the party is this Friday, don't forget!" she said pointing at me as she walked away. I laughed and rolled my eyes, I'm not the one to forget things.

I placed my empty cup into the trash bin and turned on my heel. I was only a block away from the apartment. It was nice to know shops were close to me, I could save gas and not destroy the environment at the same time.

Once I was on my floor, I took out my keys and unlocked the door. Walking in, I kicked off my flats and place my purse on the island counter. I began to head passed the couch when a figure sits up. A loud shrill scream escaped my mouth.

"Jesus, Danny, It's just me." Oliver chuckled.

"Why are you here? Where is Will?" I popped questions.

"I live here now, not Will. Will decided to wait until there was something cheaper." He explained.

"When did this happen? Wait, why are you living here? You didn't get my permission!" I pointed at him and glared.

"Well since Will was halfway moved in and was part owner, he decided to have me move in instead of him. So I didn't need your permission when he lived here." Oliver spoke.

I shook my head furiously.

"Calm down, you're gonna give yourself whiplash."

"I'm seeing if you change into Will and this is a joke." I looked at him.

"It's not a joke." He said and turned the television on. I groaned and stomped off to my room. Who the hell does he think he is? He can't just barge in here and say I live here now. Who the hell does that?!

I flopped onto my back on my bed. I covered myself with my blanket and took easing breaths. I guess I should be happy, he is everything to me. I just wish he didn't go behind my back.

***

I dropped onto the couch with my arms crossed over my chest. I was still a little mad, but I'll get over it. I just need to adjust.

"So Elliot, what did you need to talk to us about?" I asked him, trying to grab his attention from the television.

"Oh, um, I wanted to know what you thought of this." He said throwing a box at my face. I rolled my eyes after the impact and opened it.

"Is this for Veronica?" I asked.

"No, its for the grandma down the road. Yes stupid, it is for her." I chucked a pillow at him for being mean.

"I like it, I'm pretty sure she will too. When are you popping the question?"

"In a month or so. I need to find the right time. I really want to do this. I want to be able to spend the rest of my life with her and Carollyn." He gushed and let his cheeks turn a rosy red color.

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm happy for you." I told him and he nodded and mumbled a thanks.

After a little bit of dozing off on the couch, I decided it was time to make dinner. It felt like a buttered noodles night. I grabbed the pot and everything else I needed.

"I'll have whatever you are having." Oliver commenting as he took a seat at the island counter. I nodded, keeping my back to him.

I stirred in the butter and then dumped the noodles into two bowls. I took a seat next to him and ate my dinner in silence until he decided to break it.

"Are you that mad?" He asked quietly.

"No, just taken off guard. I wasn't expecting you here." I said and saw him nod in the corner of my eye. Once I was finished eating, I washed my bowl and headed to the bathroom for a nice long, relaxing shower. Then I was going to go to bed.

I pulled the covers down and climbed into bed. I reached over and pulled the chain to the lamp, making it dark in my room. I had realized that my package from amazon had not arrived today. Sad face.

The door slammed, making me wince in fear. I scooted back into the wall even more than I was. I held my breath, hoping it was going to come in. Knowing that it was out there, made me shiver and cry. I couldn't take this anymore. I had ran for my life this time and looked where I ended up. In the back of the closet in between the two perpendicular walls. I could see movement in the room through the blind like door. I listened as an object ran it finger down the wood, hearing it clank down over every level. I shuddered.

Before I knew it, the closet door was ripped off the hinges, my voice letting off a scream, and then everything went black.

I sat up in terror of the nightmare. I've noticed I have been getting them since the incident with Gabe. It was like they were both out to get now in my dreams. I know they can't hurt me anymore but it still messes with my head.

I threw my blanket off of me and dragged my feet across the floor. I found myself heading to Oliver's room for comfort.

"You okay?" I heard him mumbled after I poked him.

"No." I said and he lifted the sheets so I can be wrapped up in his arms. I climbed in and scooted as close as I could to him. His arm wrapped around my waist and stomach, lifting my shirt slightly as he rubbed small circles. His touch made me shiver slightly.

After a while, I was just falling asleep when he stroked my hair. I guess he thought I was fast asleep.

"I miss this. I miss you. I miss us."