Chapter- Twenty-three

I dropped my pencil onto my notebook and closed my eyes. Being back in school is already stressing me out. First, I had Ellen come up to me, then I found out I got a low score on one of my tests I had taken before the break, and then Oliver has been dodging me all day. I want to go home and curl up in a ball. I'm still a little sick and my brain is literally screaming. I packed my stuff up and grabbed my passbook. I walked up to the teacher with my stuff and asked to head to the nurse. I usually don't go to the nurse only because I've heard stories of how mean she is. I doubt that but if I'm not feeling well, I'm going to take care of myself.

I walked into the nurse's office and told her what was wrong. She instantly wrote me a pass to head home. I went to the office and signed myself out. I headed to my car and took my time driving home. Once I was pulled in and parked in the driveway I leaned back in my seat. I took in a deep breath and let the tears fall out. It's only monday and so much has happened. I can't handle the stress. I went inside and took a nice hot shower to clear my head. Then I got into bed and curled up. I turned on some relaxing music and laid there in peace and quiet.

After a few hours, I heard a car pull into the drive. It was probably Elliot getting home. He usually heads to the gym for a little but I guess he isn't today. The front door slammed and angry footsteps slapped each step hard. My door swung open and a very angry red faced Elliot comes towards me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What?!" He said angry.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" I asked and stretched my legs out a little bit.

"You hurt my best friend Danny. You hurt him! He won't even talk to me!" He yelled in my face. The words bounced off his lips like fireballs.

"I didn't do anything. Stop yelling at me for something I have no idea what I did." I told him, trying to get him to calm down.

"Daniella, you better be seriously telling me you have no idea what this is, or so help me god I won't ever let you be part of anything." He said in a furious tone.

"I'm serious. What the hell is going on? Explain it to me. Now!" I yelled.

"Okay, okay. All I got out of him was that you cheated on him." He said and sat in my chair.

"What?! Are you fucking being serious?! I did no such thing!" I yelled.

"Then why would he think that?" He asked.

"I have no idea." I whispered lightly. I had do something to fix this.

"Can we stop yelling? I want to talk in a calmer tone." I said and he nodded while realizing my stressed face.

"So you didn't cheat on him?" He asked again.

"Nope." I said moving to the edge of my bed.

"Are you still sick?" He asked.

"Yes, I came home early.  I couldn't concentrate on anything." I said.

"That's a first. You never leave school." He said and I nodded.

"Can you go talk to him?" He asked.

"Yes, I will. I just need to get dressed." I said.

"Nah, go in that." He said referring to my low cut pajama top and yoga pants.

"Ew no." I said while throwing a pillow at him. He snickered and ran out of my room. I think his hormones are messed up.

I put on one of Oliver's sweatshirts and headed out to my car. I tried to drive the speed limit but I was having trouble. My hands were shaking as I held the steering wheel. I turned into the driveway and ran to the front door. I unlocked their front door knowing it was only him who was home.

"Oliver?!" I called out. I looked around the house and found him sitting on his bed with ear phones in.  I could hear his music from the doorway. He's going to blow his eardrums out. I walked in and took out his ear phones.

"Hey!" He yelled angrily.

"We need to talk." I said calmly.

"Get out." He whispered. He was hurt real bad. Reading his body language was easy, he was slumped which meant he wanted to relax but he couldn't with me leaning on his bed.

"Please listen to me." I said as he was about to shut me out. He hands stopped and dropped his ear phones.

"Hurry up." He said.

"I didn't cheat on you. Why would you think that? You know me more than I know myself. You know I wouldn't do something like that." I told him.

"If that's what you want to think then whatever. Just explain why Ellen would have told me and had a picture of proof?" He questioned me. So that's why she asked me those strange questions before school started.

"She had a picture? What picture was it?" I asked.

"Are you admitting it?" He asked.

"No, I'm not. She showed me a picture this morning before school that looked like me and the girl was with a guy. It was a model, it wasn't me. I don't even know why she showed me it, only that it looked similar to me." I said.

"So you're saying that it wasn't you with that mystery guy?" He asked.

"I'm positive that it's not me." I said looking into his teary eyes.

"I love you. I love you, Oliver." I told him while cupping his face.

"I'm so stupid, I was blinded by that bitch." He said.

"She doesn't matter to us and you know that." I told him and kissed his chapped lips, while leaving some of my mint chapstick on his lips.

We deepened the kissed as his one hand stroke my face and put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You are everything to me. I can't lose you." He said in between kisses along my jawline.

"You're my delicate flower." He whispered into my ear, sending a chill down my body. Our lips connected again as we leaned down on the bed. We held each other loosely as we continued to have a makeout session. We've never made out like this before.

Our tongue twisted together and let go. I lightly bit his lower lip as we were losing oxygen. We separated to catch our breath. We looked into each other's eyes.

"We can't let rumours get in between us." I said.

"I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean to." He apologized.

"Don't be sorry. Let's just handle it better, if it happens again." I said to him and kissed his cheek. I laid my head in the crook of his neck as he held me in his arms.