Chapter- Eleven

"I think this is best for us." I heard my mom say as I entered the house. The ride home from the hotel had been a long one.

"We'll tell her now." I heard my dad say. I dropped my stuff and walked into the kitchen.

"Glad you're moving out." I said as I leaned against the wall.

"No. You three are moving out." My dad said.

"What? You are the one who should be moving out. You make everything so complicated." I said starting argue.

"I'm not arguing with you, it was your mother's decision. So shut your mouth." He snapped.

"I'm happy for mom. She doesn't need an asshole like you in her life." I said standing up straight.

"Honey, that's enough. We don't need to make this situation worse than it needs to be. Just understand that we are getting a divorce and it is final. It is final that we are moving also." She said. I walked away and went up to my room. Now I have to worry about moving, what else does life want to throw at me?

I grabbed some materials and began sewing. Right now this is the only thing that can keep me from losing my cool. I was still getting over the fact that Oliver had gone out to a bar after our mini make-out session. I still didn't understand him on that part. I knew him so well but when it came to his relationships with other girls, that was the only thing I still never fully understood.

I looked over to see it was going on dinner time and I sure as hell was not eating dinner here. As if on cue, there was a knock on my door.

"Enter if you are not my mom and dad." I said and then the door opened as I was still sewing. I looked up from my work for a split second and screamed. My finger had be hit by the stupid machine. I pressed the button to turn it off. I clutched my finger and ran to the bathroom.

"Stupid." I mumbled and Oliver helped clean my finger up.

"I don't want stitches. I still have them on my tongue." I said and Oliver chuckled. I after I was bandaged up, I sat on my chair.

"So.." I trailed.

"I want..." He trailed. "To talk to you over a date." He finished. My eyes bulged a little bit.

"I think I will agree to that." I sat with a curious expression. I had no idea how to react. Why does he want it to be a date? It could have just been dinner and not a date.

"We can go just like this." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Well yeah. It's not fancy and I rather it be casual so we both feel comfortable." He told me and I nodded. We took our time getting to his car and then made our made to the place we were eating at.

I quietly sang along to Thinking Out Loud.

"You sing pretty good." Oliver said interrupting the silence between us.

"It's okay, I guess." I said and then we pulled up in front of Franny's Diner. Whenever we had a chance, Oliver's family would take us here for a treat.

"Coming?" He asked as he got out of the car. I quickly unbuckled and got out, and then followed him inside where we were seated. I placed my napkin on my lap and then folded my arms on the table edge.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Oh, uh yeah I'm okay." I said.

"I want to apologize for yesterday night." He said and then our drinks arrived.

"Oh no, you don't have to. Honestly." I said along with hand motions.

"I, are you sure?" He fumbled on his words.

"Yeah. I mean it didn't mean anything." I said trying to end this conversations. We ate through dinner slowly and then headed to his house.

"Whose car is that?" I asked.

"My mom's." He said not making eye contact with me. We went inside and sure enough there was his mom sitting at the table talking with his brothers.

"It's good to see you home ma'." Oliver said and kissed her cheek. She managed to make the camo of her military suit look good.

"It's nice to see you again, Mrs. Gallagher." I said and hugged her.

"I'll just be in my room." Oliver said and playfully hit his brothers for wiggling their eyebrows. I laughed at them and then my face dropped

"Can you drive her home?" Oliver asked his brother. What was that about?