Chapter- Twenty-two

I peeled my eyelids up and took in my surroundings. My mind confused as to why I was in my room. My bedroom door open slowly and in walked Elliot.

"Hey, you're up." He said softly with some enthusiasm.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well." He dwelled. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Okay, so, ugh, How do I say this? You weren't feeling well on the ride home and you ended up barfing. Then you passed out and as you passed out you hit your head on the window. We got home about four hours ago. You slept through the ride home which was good. Your fever is finally down, we kept checking because we were very worried. We think you passed out either from barfing in the car or from your fever." He concluded. I took in his words, so the crash was a mere dream. Some of the incidents that happened in real life were twisted a little in my dream. I felt like I lit a light bulb.

"Oh, okay. I feel a little fuzzy still but I connected the dots." I said. He bent over my legs and grabbed the cup that was on my nightstand. He handed it to me and I took a long sip to moisten my throat.

"Better?" He asked.

"Better." I said after swallowing. He put it back for me and walked towards the door.

"Get some rest, kiddo." He said and closed the door over.

I took in a slow breath and held it, then released it after 10 seconds. I did this to relax myself so I could fall back to sleep.

I would have been able to sleep but Oliver decided it was his turn to check on me. I felt softness touch me. I opened my eyes and saw plastic brown eyes and brown soft fur.

"I got you a teddy bear!" Oliver exclaimed. I smiled and hugged the bear tightly.

"Thank you, I love it!" I said. Oliver stuck the thermometer in my mouth before I could hug him.

"Time to take your temperature." He said like a doctor would to a young child. I groaned and laid back against my pillow. I waited until the red liquid in the glass stopped moving. Oliver took it from my mouth and frowned.

"Still got a fever cupcake. I'll get you some medicine." He said and left the room. I frowned and curled into a ball with the new teddy bear. After a few minutes I started to doze off and then he came back in with my medicine he wanted me to take. I swallowed the pills and got comfortable again.

"Snuggle time?" He asked. I hadn't noticed that he changed his clothes. He had borrowed a shirt from Elliot and had put on his long pajama pants from my drawer.

I turned over and snuggled him. I placed the bear under my head to cushion my neck. His arms draped over over me as our legs were entangled together. I felt my body relax after a little since the medicine decided to kick in. My headache slowly drained away as the aches all over my body simply disappeared.

"I'm sorry our weekend wasn't as fun as you wanted." He said softly.

"Don't be. We get sick at random times." I said.

"I know but I wanted you to have fun at my grandparents' cabin. You looked so cold and unhappy. I don't like when you are like that." He told me.

"I dealt with it though because I wanted to spend time with you both. I don't care if I'm sick, I can still have fun." I told him. He kissed the tip of my nose.

"You're cute with that groggy voice you have." He said laughing a little. I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed as well which only turned into a cough.

"I think when you are better we are going on a date." He smiled.

"Oh really? I would like that." I said. I felt myself starting to drift off into the dream world.

***

I watched as my mom flipped pancakes over and over again. She placed them on a big plate and brought them to the table where I waited impatiently for food. I took two pancakes and instantly cut them and shoved some into my mouth.

"So how are you feeling today?" My mom asked.

"Better. I have my appetite back." I said with my mouth full of pancakes.

"I can tell. Will you be going to school tomorrow?" She asked. Since today was Sunday, I had the whole weekend/break off to rest up for school tomorrow.

"Yep." I said and ate a little slower so my stomach wouldn't hurt so much.

"How are you doing with dad?" I asked knowing it was a touchy subject.

"Well, he has decided to stay with his girlfriend. I don't mind, I'm actually thinking about dating again. Are you okay with that? If you aren't, please let me know." She said.

"I'm fine with that. I'm sorry about dad. If you really are going to start dating, I get to approve your outfits for your dates then." I said.

"I would love that." She said and stood up.

"I'm going to head out to the grocery store. I believe Oliver said he was coming over. He left a message on the machine." She said and I nodded.

I don't mind seeing him twenty-four seven because he's like the only friend I have. I mean I do have the rest of the team but they are just more as acquaintes. I do have Veronica too now that I think about it but she hasn't texted me to talk or hang out. I wonder what she is doing.

The front door opened and in walked Oliver with bags.

"What is that?" I asked as I got up from the table to him.

"Just a little something for my growing flower." He said.

"Am I fat?" I asked.

"No, I didn't mean it like that." He said sort of panicky.

"I'm joking. I know I'm not fat so don't worry." I said. We sat towards each other on the couch in the sitting room.

I opened the bags and took out a few dresses, jeans, sweats, and a few long sleeve shirts.

"These are nice. Why'd you get me them?" I asked.

"Well it actually wasn't my idea. It was Veronica's. I only agreed because it dealt with you." He said.

"Oh. So she picked these out? Did she say why she wanted me to have these?" I asked.

"She said she felt sorry for you being sick and for her being a crappy friend for not visiting." He said.

"Oh, um, okay." I said stumbling to find words.

"I don't really need these. I'm grateful but these aren't necessary." I said to Oliver.

"Just accept them, they were given to you for a reason." He said. I frowned.

"You know you want to." He said.

"Shutup." I said sticking my tongue out. I put the clothes away and set them on the floor in the bag.

"How long is it supposed to snow for"? I asked him.

"I believe the news said until eight tonight so we may not have school. If we don't I'm sleeping in." HE said.

"You don't sleep in. What are you talking about?" I asked laughing.

"You are always working out with Elliot." I added.

"Well I'm tired." He said giving me a playful shove. I shoved him back and ran. He ran after me and I tried to hide.

I quickly hid behind a chair in the sitting room. I could hear him catching his breath from running. He knew I was somewhere but he didn't know where.

I felt hands touch my sides. I screamed in horror.

"I found you. You are a bad hider." He said.

"I tried." I laughed and he kissed me.