Chapter- Forty-four

I held my finger down on the button of the controller, letting the character shoot rapid fire. I moved my character and quickly found Gabe and his roommate's characters.

"Why do you have to be good at video games?" Gabe's roommate, Ryan, asked me. He sighed and fell backwards onto his back. I honestly had no idea why I was even here. Maybe I'm just bored. I focused my attention back on the game. It wasn't long until I set my controller down and slump lower in the chair.

I turned my head to look at Gabe while he was busy playing the game. His features told me he was glum, possibly numb from his actions, and the rings under his eyes were very dark and noticeable. Before I could say something, there was an obnoxious pounding on the door.

"I'll get it." I mumbled as I pushed myself up and pulled my feet along with me to the door. I turned the nob, unlocking the door, and opened it slowly. I was slammed back against the closet as a figure stormed in past me. I didn't care if the wind was knocked out of me, I turned my head and gasped.

"Oliver!" I shouted as he lifted Gab up by the hem of his shirt. My hand covered my mouth in shock.

"I never want you near her. You touch her again, I'm not going to regret shoving your ass in jail, or better yet down to hell." Oliver snarled and then threw him to the ground. He towered over Gabe, his fist curling, letting the veins in his arms pop out. I couldn't move to stop him. I was scared and in shock. I watched as Gabe stood up and standing his ground, putting his fists up and pumping his feet back and forth, ready for the fight. I looked away just I heard someone's jaw cracks under pressure of a blow. I already knew there was blood dripping from someone's face. I kept my eyes closed tightly, as the book case was slammed into. Books slapped onto the ground with relief of not being torn to bits. The poor books. I opened my eye slightly to peek at the situation. From what I had just described, it was actually worse than I thought. Blood trickled out of both nostrils on Oliver's face, scratches on his arms, his t-shirt ripped up. Gabe had it worse though, his jaw out of place, lip busted and bleeding, his eyes red, had way more scratches to the face and his arms and legs. Let's just say that Oliver probably scraped his shoes against Gabe's face since you can tell by the imprints on Gabe's face.

Another figure ran past me.

Elliot.

I watched as my brother tore them apart. Gabe's roommate decided he had enough and just walked out, well what great help he was. I couldn't say anything for myself, just that I was whimpering by the door. Once Elliot dragged Oliver out, I managed to close the door.

"You need to leave." I heard Gabe grumble from where he was standing. I turned towards him.

"I'm sorry." I choked out.

"Just leave." He said again. I turned on my heel, opened the door, and headed back to my dorm. I wasn't expecting Oliver to be there waiting for me without Elliot.

"What the hell, Oliver." I said as I let us into my room. I immediately went to grab my first-aid kit. The door closed and he stayed silent as he took a seat on my desk chair. I walked over and stood in front of him as I cleaned up his face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I heard him whisper as I dapped at the scratches on his arms. Damn those muscles staring right at me. I decided to ignore him for right now.

"Daniella, please." He begged. I groaned, not wanting to talk about it.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to beat him like a pulp, but that happened anyway." I answered him, looking away from him. His hands took a hold of mine.

"I want to make you feel safe." He said.

"I know you do, and I want that too. But I can't keep myself in the shadows and not live my life. These things happen." I whispered.

"These things don't just happen to anyone. Why does it always have to be you?"

"I'm vulnerable and an easy target." I said trying to hold onto my tears. I felt his finger under my chin, and he turned my head to him.

"You're not though. The people that think it's okay to do that are manipulative bastards. I'm sorry I couldn't have been there to save you from it." He apologized.

"Don't be sorry." I told him. "It was my fault."

"From what you're brother said, it was nowhere even close to your fault." He cupped my face, wiping the falling tears away. We stayed in a trance, silence filling our ears. I removed his hands from my face, and had started to turned. I was tired and just wanted to lay down, but he thought otherwise as his hand grasped my wrist and twirled me back to him. Making me fall onto him in the chair. My hand rested on his chest, feeling his shaky breaths. Lust filled his eyes, and he moved his head next to my ear.

"This is all I want. For you to stay in my arms." He whispered.

My head turned as the door was suddenly flung open.

"Am I interrupting something?" Elliot asked as I fell onto the floor trying to get out of the position Oliver and I were in

"Nope." I said from the floor.

"I got you some ice, Oliver." Elliot said and threw him the bag. I finally managed to get up and sit on the edge of my bed.

"Sorry for him. He's a bit on edge lately." Elliot said looking between us.

***

I yawned as I rose out of bed. I was glad it was finally the weekend. I needed to visit Veronica and the baby. I slowly made my way to the bathroom for a shower since I haven't taken one in a few days. Let me explain this so I don't sound gross. Every girl does it when her feelings are out of sort. So I've been laying around after classes more and end up staying up late. My mind full of random thoughts. I do make sure to make myself presentable looking in class but then when I get back I change into a baggy t-shirt and sweats.

I pulled into the apartment parking lot and find a spot quickly. I take my sweet old time getting inside the complex and heading to the elevator. I soon arrive on their floor and head to their door.

"So glad you're here." Veronica engulfed me into a tight hug. I mumbled a 'missed you too'.

I take a seat on the couch and wait for her to join.

"So how are you?" She asks as she got Carollyn more comfortable in her arms.

"I'm okay, could be better." I answered honestly.

"Still not sleeping?"

"Nope." I said and stretched my legs a little.

"I think I might be getting sick." I told her.

"No you aren't. You're just lovesick." She said.

"I don't think so."

"That's not what we see. You mope around a lot more now. Elliot checks on you more and you don't really hold a conversation with him. Sure you go on random dates with Oliver and that's the only time you are actually happy. Forgive him and be with him." She told me.

"I can't." I mumbled.

"Why not? No one is in the way. He only has his eyes on you. You only have him in your eyes. Get back together. It's tearing him apart and everyone else too. We hate seeing you both so glum."

"What if I didn't want to be with him?" I asked her.

"I'd say you're lying to yourself and everyone." She said.

"I'm just not sure if it's actually what I want." I told her.

"Make up your mind. He isn't going to wait his whole life for you. I know I'm being harsh. I just don't like seeing you like this. You probably lost more weight, and it makes you look sickly. Get over what is holding you back and spring back into action." She encouraged me.

"Just give me a little more time." She rolled her eyes but I wasn't hurt by it. I knew I shouldn't give it more time because I'm only prolonging these thoughts rattling in my head.