Chapter- Forty-three

Oliver's POV-

"What do you mean you have a plan?" Elliot asked.

"It means I have a plan to get her back." I told him, knowing it may sound silly.

"You're whipped." He laughed as he continued to cook lunch.

"Shut up, I know that already." I rolled my eyes, and grabbed my drink. I took a long of sip of it.

"Did you even tell her that you were staying with me on break?" He asked me.

"Nope." I told him and he shook his head as he placed our plates down on the island. I mumbled a 'thanks' and began eating.

"So as I was saying, I have a plan up my sleeve. It's not much but I've spanned it out over the next two years." I told him, making him drop his fried egg sandwich on his plate.

"Two years?" He choked.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that. I'm taking it slow." I said and took another bite.

"Damn." He mumbled. I chuckled at his comment.

"I know. I also plan to propose to her in her two years." I made him choke again. He downed some water to clear his throat.

"What makes you think she'll say yes?"

"She's your sister, and I'm pretty sure I know her pretty well." I answered. Elliot nodded and a mumbled 'true'.

"So do you like have a ring picked out?" He asked. I reached into my pocket. I knew I was going to have to show him sooner or later and I knew I was telling him today.

"I already bought it." I said opening the box and giving it to him.

"My sister is going to be the luckiest girl in the world." He said holding the box in his hand.

"I bought it before our one date. I had the money and figured before prices go up that I would get it now. I knew she wouldn't want something huge so I went small and simple, just the way she likes it." I told him.

"She's going to love this." He said handing it back to me. I closed it up and shoved it back into my pocket.

"You already have my blessing." He said after finishing his sandwich.

"Thanks, man." I said and I brought my fist to his, knowing I do have his blessing let's me know It's meant to be. When did I become so cheesy?

***

I opened the door to the locker room, heading to my locker. I put in my combination and began to strip. I strapped on the padding and pulled on the football uniform. I grabbed my helmet, ruffled my hair, and headed out to the field. I didn't say anything to the guys on the team, I was too focused on thinking of my plan. I was just going to do dates, get together's, and just hang out with her to get close to her again. I knew I needed to gain her trust again, which was going to be hard but I knew it was worth the fight.

"Gallagher, get out of the big head of your's and focus on practice." Coach Britton shouted from the sidelines. I gave him a thumbs up and shook my head to clear it.

"Someone's a little too focused on something else." Caleb, our quarterback, teased. I only laughed and got my head back into practicing.

After a long practice, I dropped onto the grass as I took a long, desired drink of my Gatorade. I wiped the sweat that was dripping down my face. I lay there, losing myself in the clouds.

What if this goes horribly wrong? What if we were never to be together in the end? How long until something tears us up? If I do something to ruin our trust, I don't think I would be able to forgive myself.