Chapter- Forty-two

I couldn't believe I said it was fine if it were a date. I don't know what came over me, I think I just wanted to be near him. That kiss, it meant something. Something more than either of us could imagine or think of.

I waited as, Oliver jogged around to his side after closing the car door on my side. The little things he does for me, are just, so sweet. The way he makes my heart flutter with anything he does.

"Ready?" He asked me with a bright smile on his face. I nodded and played with the radio as we headed out of the driveway and where he was taking us for our date.

I fell back into my head, thinking of anything. After a few minutes, the once smooth road was now an uneven, bumpy one. I immediately recognized where we were from the scenery. I was already in awe, we used to come here all the time. The field of high grass and weed, where we would lay on the top of car and watch the sunset.

Oliver pulled up into a freshly cut clearing in the middle of the field.

"And here we are." He said putting the truck into park, and hopping out to get the door for me.

"Thanks." I said as I got out, he took my hand instantly to lead me to see the scene. The warmth in my stomach grew as I looked around. The picnic blanket, with candles, flower petals spread out, and light music could be heard.

"This is really something, Oliver." I complimented.

"Thanks, oh wait. I'll be right back." He said letting go of my hand.Suddenly small lights popped on, christmas lights were scattered around the blanket.

"There we go. I hope you're hungry?" He asked as I noticed he had a cooler with him.

"Starving." I said and we took a seat on the blanket.

"I made your favorite." He told me as he started taking out containers.

"Pasta salad?" I questioned.

"That and keach." He said and handed me utensils. We began eating out of the small containers. We were sat hip against hip. I hummed softly to whatever was on the radio.

"How is college going for you?" He asked after a long comfortable silence.

"Fine. I have to finish sewing up a top before break is over." I told him.

"What kind of top?" He asked with a hint of curiosity.

"It's a halter top. I have to sew the rest of the one side and then stitch on some lace on the halter, the bottom of the shirt, and the back." I told him.

"Sounds like something you would wear." He said.

"Yeah, I might make another one for myself. I know next year we get to make a whole wardrobe and clothing line for a professional." I added.

"That's really cool." He said and I nodded.

"What about you?" I asked him.'

"Well, it's mainly football practice every day. I finally got them to all warm up to me. Elliot shows up every other day for practice since he has more classes than me. The crappy basic classes are pretty easy." He said.

"That's good. So what's for dessert?" I asked hoping he had some.

"Is the piggy that hungry?" He chuckled.

"Of course." I poked his bicep. I watched as he pulled out another container.

"Triple chocolate cake." He said as he opened it and then handed it to me.

"My love." I mumbled as I took forkfuls of it. I looked at him, realizing he was watching me eat it.

"You and your chocolate." He laughed loudly.

"A girl has to have her chocolate, it doesn't just have to be when she's on her period. Chocolate is a girl's best friend." I told him while giggling. I finished up the slice of cake and helped him pack the containers up.

"May I have this dance?" He asked, holding his hand out to me. I blushed with a shy smile. I couldn't get anything to come out of my mouth so I nodded. He brought us closer, wrapping his arms around my waist as I crossed mine behind his neck.

After a while we sat back down on the blanket, I watched as he pulled out an envelope.

"What's that?" I curiously asked.

"These are pictures from Florida." He told me.

"We took pictures?" I honestly didn't remember taking pictures while we were there.

"We didn't, but someone else took pictures of us. The man said and I quote, 'You two are made for each other. I couldn't resist taking pictures of an amazing relationship like your's.' So he gave them to me when I had left you to tan on the beach." He told me as he took the pictures out of the envelope.

"That was very nice. I do feel a bit creeped out but it's still nice."

"I felt that way too but I've to cherish these pictures." He said, looking at each one with a longing awe.

"I remember this one!" I exclaimed and took it in my hands. Half the picture was the ocean and Oliver had his arms wrapped around me. My head was turned looking at his face. You could tell we were in love, and maybe still are. The droplets on our bodies were so visible, it seemed as if we were magnified. I handed it back to Oliver to put in the pile and looked at the rest.

A sudden noise made me perk up, I looked up at the sky. Magnificent fireworks exploded high in the sky, making everything vibrant. I knew Oliver was putting the photos back in the envelope, while I sat here admiring the color filled sky. I could tell Oliver slipped his arm behind me since we were so close. I leaned my head onto his shoulder, feeling him become uneasy and then loosen up. I let a small smile creep up on my face. That feeling I have always felt still remained.

I love you, Oliver.