Chapter- Sixteen

"Ouch, I hit my head. Thank you very much." I whined as I was on Oliver's shoulders.

"My bad." He chuckled. I ran my hands through his soft hair. Oliver held me tightly as we went down the steps and then outside. He shifted his grip, then began stroking his thumb. I cupped my hands under his chin and tilted his head back. I bent down a little and kissed his forehead.

"No PDA!" An elderly lady yelled from across the street.

"We're in love!" Oliver yelled back at her and helped me off his shoulders. I got into his car and buckled up. I knew I was going to have to tell him sooner or later. It's only been four days. He has to understand that I needed to think. He started the car up and we started to make our way to the school.

"Can you pull over?" I asked.

"Sure." He said with a skeptical look. He turned his signal on and pulled off to the side of the road. He put the car in park and looked at me.

"Is everything okay?" He asked and put his hand on my thigh.

"Actually, no. I've been trying to figure out how to tell you this. You know how you were very confused over the weekend as to why I was home early from that party? Well, Ryan-" I was cut off.

"He touched you didn't he?" He asked and I nodded and let a tear fall.

"That son of a bitch." He mumbled and hit the steering wheel.

"Why didn't you want to tell me?" He asked gripping the wheel.

"It's not that I didn't want to. I was trapped in my thoughts and I needed time to think." I explained. He nodded to my words and and slid the clutch into drive.

"I'm sorry."I said and then turned my head to look out the window.

"I'm not mad at you. That scum bag needs to keep his hands away from you. I can't believe he's stupid enough to try and do it again." He rambled.

"Veronica got me out of it." I said as if that would make a difference, but he only nodded. I noticed we were nearing the school but he didn't turn into the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking at him.

"I'm going to the police." He said. I zipped my mouth shut and threw the key away. I hate talking to the police about things that are personal. Now Oliver is going to hear what happened in the closet that night at the party.

We drove for another five minutes and then we were there. Once we parked, we made our way into the police station.

"How may I help you two?" The lady at the front desk said.

"I wanted to report someone who is currently on probation." Oliver said.

"Why don't we speak more privately in another room." She said and waved us to follow her. Once the door was closed we she sat in front of us at the metal table that was placed in the middle of the room.

"Who are we reporting.

"Ryan Grey." Oliver said.

"The reason for reporting Mr.Grey?" She asked. I decided to speak up.

"He had raped me a few years ago and this past friday he was at a party I was also at. He touched me in a very inappropriate way." I told her.

"I hate doing this but I need more specific details." She said and I nodded.

"I was on my way to get something to drink and he pulled me into the closet. He was touching my breasts and even sucked on my neck, at the time I hadn't known it was him until I shoved him and turned the light on. He also backed me up into some sort of dresser type thing and started to unzip my jeans. At that time the door had swung open and my friend pulled me out." I said giving the whole story. The night of the party I left out details as to what was happening to me. I was so scared and felt dirty.

"I think that should be enough information for the judge." She said.

"Am I going to court?" I asked.

"Most likely. If you wouldn't mind showing me the bruising, I need evidence." She said and I nodded. She left the room and came back with a camera. I lifted the back of my shirt up and heard her the camera snap a photo. I took out a wipe from my purse and wiped the makeup off of my neck. Oliver's eyes were wide as hell.

She took three more photos of my neck and said I was good to go.

"Thank you, I said grabbed my purse and walked out with Oliver. As we walked out the front entrance Oliver grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm so sorry." He said stroking my face and looking at the deep purple and blue hickies still visible.

"I didn't know it was this bad." He said and embraced me. His hands stroked my hair and I knew sooner or later the tears would come.

"Can we go to your house?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll have my mom call us in sick." He said. I nodded and he opened my door. I got in and buckled up. I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes. His hand wrapped around mine and his thumb was lightly stroking the backside of my hand as he drove.

He pulled in the driveway and turned the car off.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"I just want him in jail for life. He doesn't deserve to be happy and have freedom." I said and unbuckled. Oliver nodded and did the same. We both walked slowly into his house.

"Where do you want to stay?" He asked. I made up my mind and decided to go to his room. I could hear him behind me as we went up the steps. I took my jacket off and placed it on his desk chair. I bent over and put my hair. Oliver sat on the edge of his bed. I kicked off my shoes as I crawled onto his bed. He leaned back and rested his head on my stomach. My hands instantly moved to run my fingers through his hair.

"I was never able to tell you this. My mom was departed again." He said as he rested his hands on my stomach.

"I'm sorry. How's your dad doing with it?" I asked.

"He's handling. But he's mainly at work trying to keep money flowing in." He told me.

"How are you handling?" I asked him. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"I don't know." He said.

"You do know. You just don't want to say. Whatever you say, I'm here for you and I know you know that. I will never judge you." I said.

"I'm in a bad place right now. I think I was okay until you told me what happened to you. I want to be able to protect you. I want to be able to protect my mom and my family. But the hardest thing is, I know I can't protect her when I can't even be with her. She never even told where she was being departed. I know wherever she is going, it's a bad place." He said and closed his eyes once more.

"I'm sorry Oliver. I wish you didn't have to go through this again. I know she's been departed only a few times since she started the job. But she's helping the world and what's better than saying that your mom is saving our country. Not many of us can say that. But there are dangers. there are dangers to everything. I know I've put a burden on you with my problems, I wish I hadn't but it would be worse if you didn't know." I said.

"You know what to say every time." He said and turned over and moved up closer to me. He cupped my face.

"I know I can't protect you from everything but when you're with me, I can at least make you feel safe." He said as he placed his lips on my forehead.