Chapter- Thirty-seven

I guess this it. The summer is coming to an end, and I am now a freshman in college. I hope I am ready for this. I picked up my suitcases and headed up to my dorm room. I reached the empty hallway that my dorm room was in. Posters, events, sticky notes, and countless pencil marks covered the hallway walls. My feet slapped against the tile flooring, trying to carrying two suitcases was beyond difficult. I came here on my own. Oliver was already settled in at his college last week. My mom and Nick went on a last minute vacation to embrace their new found love. Elliot, well Elliot was moving in with Veronica into a nice condo. They wanted to have something together so they were prepared for their baby. They were both going to do college online to be with each other more. So, this leaves me here, by myself, to get settled into Ridgeview College. Luckily, Granite Hills College was only an hour away, which is where Oliver is attending for football. 

I put my suitcases on the floor to get the key out of my pocket. I unlocked it as my heartbeat began rapidly speeding up.

'I hope I have a good roommate. Oh please let me have a good roommate.' I repeated in my head several time as I began to push the door open.

The room was completely empty.

'Phew.' I thought as I picked the bed I wanted. I am so glad I got first call on everything. I was actually surprised that the room was pretty big compared to Oliver's room. He had sent me pictures of his room when he was finished organizing and making it his style.

As I was carrying boxes from my car, I got stuck outside. I was trying my best to balance the boxes as I was trying to grab the door handle.

"Oh let me help you." A deep voice said from a short distance away.

"Thank you." I told them as I slightly blushed from embarrassment. I felt the weight of my boxes become slightly lighter/

"Oh you don't have to." I told him as he was holding the door open with one of my boxes.

"Let me help you out. I don't want you falling down the steps or anything." He said to me. I sheepishly smiled as I would be the person that that would happen to.

I led him to my room as we continued to carry boxes.

"Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Gabe Fredericks." He told me.

"Daniella Baxton." I said.

"It's nice to meet you." He said and took my hand, placing his lips to my hand. I blushed a deep crimson red. Why does this have to happen to me, of all, people.

"I'll be seeing you around." He said and winked before he left my room. I think I just peed myself. I looked down, okay good I didn't. That would have been really weird if I actually did.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I grabbed it, seeing Oliver's name pop up.

"Hey." I said as I answered the phone.

"Hey, are you moved in?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just got all the boxes into my dorm. My roommate isn't even here yet." I told him.

"At least you got first dibs on everything." I heard him chuckle.

"That's true. How was your first class this morning?" I asked him. Since he moved into last week, it meant his classes started today.

"It went well. Coach was a little tough on me. I think it's because I'm a newbie.
He said.

"Oh, well I hope that doesn't continue. I'm sure your practice went well though." I said keeping positive.

"Yeah, it did. The rest of the team isn't though. Yet again some of them are in later years of college and don't want freshman's to mess up their gameplay. I will be turning that outlook around. But some of them are nice. I'm just hoping that my roommate will stop hating me soon. He's on the team isn't that friendly." He explained.