Chapter- Fifty-two

My feet always try to find a way to trip me when I'm being dragged to go somewhere at a fast pace. With the months ticking away, my mom wanted to pick out my dress for their wedding. She had already gone for her wedding dress. She didn't do it without me, she knew I wanted to be there. Her dress was absolutely stunning. Mermaid wedding dresses were made exactly for her. It made me so happy that she was able to move on and be truly happy again.

"Mom, slow down will you?" I basically begged her.

"No, come on. I already checked out this one dress online earlier today and it screams 'you'. I need to get it before someone else does!" She exclaimed as she picked up her pace. I let go of her hand so she could continue looking like the idiot because I was done trying to keep up with her. Once I reached the store I saw my mom run into, I had to search for her seeing as though she had to find the dress that screamed 'me'.

"Daniella, over here." Her voice guided me to where she was. I stood in front of her as she held out the dress. I was amazed at how she knew this dress was for me. It really was. The beading on it was perfect, not too much and not too little. The dress was a purple strapless,knee length beauty. The top part was tight which has magnificent jewels and beads, the bottom a flow to it.. ShE ushered me to go try it on and I didn't whine as I took the dress in my hands and raced to the dressing rooms. I don't wear dresses much but when I do, I love it. I stepped out and my mom's hands covered her mouth.

"You're beautiful, sweetheart. You are so going to kill Oliver with that." She complimented, making me laugh with the last part.

"You think so?" I asked.

"I know so."

I nodded and got changed. I headed to the cashier to pay. I was glad it was on sale or I would have wanted to get it.

With my mom being persistent, she made me get new heels. She told me what I had was not wedding material. Once my mom left the mall, I headed to another store to get her something for her bridal shower. I knew she didn't need plates, silverware, or any kitchen supplies. I settled with getting her a new comforter for her bed. She's had the same one for the past seven years, it is discolored and ratty looking. This should brighten up her room. I think for the wedding gift I will save up a few hundred dollars since that is what you mainly give as a gift for a wedding.

As soon as I walked into the apartment I dropped my shopping bags onto the floor in the living room and crashed onto the couch.

"Long day?" Oliver asked.

"You have no idea. I had to try on so many different pairs of heels. My arches are killing me and It took me an hour to find her a comforter of her taste.

"Oh man. This is why I never go shopping with my mom when she is home from the base." Oliver said.

"And she doesn't let you pick out anything you want, right?"

"That's correct." He said with a crooked smile.

After a two hour nap, I found a note taped to the fridge door.

Dear Babe,

    Wear something comfortable, not sweats though. I would bring a sweatshirt since it will be cold tonight. I will be back to pick you up around seven.

                            Love Oliver xxx

A smile crept onto my face as I looked at the x's. I looked at the time and went to change. I pulled on my leggings and a tank top. I grabbed a sweatshirt from the drawer and pulled it over my head. I slid my feet into a pair of cheap knock off vans. I sat on the couch and waited. Seven o'clock rolled around, then it was seven ten. Ten minutes passed by every time I looked at the clock on the wall. My eyes became drowsy, my tummy rumbled for food, and here I am waiting for him. I checked my phone multiple times before my eyes decided to close.

Was I really being stood up by him?