Chapter- Thirty-four

I could feel my face turning an intense shade of crimson red. I was on edge of tears again as I sat in the hotel room. Arguing with Oliver was not my favorite. But I knew it was coming once I came back to the room.

"What did you think I was going to think?" I asked him with gritted teeth.

"I didn't think you would run off like that. You scared me. I searched for you Danny. You never answered my texts or calls." He told me as he ran a hand through his hair.

"You know me, that's what I do. I run." I told him. He was speechless, his expression softened slightly. I looked away from him, knowing my tears were crawling slowly down my face. I choked out a sob.

"God dammit. I messed up big time." I heard him whisper and sniffle.

I knew his eyes were watching my every move. As much as I dislike him right now, I want to be in his arms.

"Daniella, I know 'sorry' isn't going to cut it. I am truly sorry though. I did not mean for you to think I was flirting with another girl. She wanted my attention and I gave her a little. It honestly meant nothing to me because you mean everything to me. I wish I never let her touch me like that. Even if it was just on my arm. I'm sorry." He said as he sat down in front of me and rest his hands on my knees. It was like a force made us look at each other. His thumb came my face slowly and pressed against my damp cheek. He smeared a fresh tear off my face and let his cup the side of my face.

"I was jealous. I shouldn't have acted like that." I told him.

"It's not your fault, it's mine. I hate seeing you like this." He said and took me in his arms. His scent twisted around me as our bodies were pressed together.

"I'm sorry my delicate flower for making you cry." He whispered in my ear, sending billions of shivers down my neck. I hugged him tighter, calming myself down.

"Why don't we get pizza delivered for dinner." Oliver suggested after what seemed like forever in this position. I nodded my as my response and then I stood up. I sat at the edge of the bed and turned on the television.

After eating I decided to take a quick shower. I knew it would help clear my mind and rejuvenate me a little.

I placed my phone on the sink counter and turned the volume up to it's maximum.

'Keeping your love in your pocket, You're the one shining a light in the darkness' I sang along to the current song as I turned the knob for the shower on. I stepped in and let the water penetrate my face. I ran my hands over my face as if I was wiping away my problems. 

I massaged the shampoo in my hair as I sang softly to my music. My mind was clearing, little bits and pieces being thrown away that were not important to me. After my long shower, I dried myself off and put on a new pair of pajamas. I wrapped my wet hair in the towel, letting it soak up the excess amount of water. Then I patted the towel against my hair a few times and decided to let it air for once.

I grabbed my phone and answered any texts I had received in the past hour. The room was silent, not realizing Oliver wasn't here. Where could he have went? The thought drifted as I played a game on my phone to pass the time.

Soon enough my eyelids were heavy and starting to close.

'I must finish this level before I fall asleep.' I thought to myself. But I gave up, turning my phone off and placing it on the nightstand. I rolled over in bed and got myself comfortable.

***

I stretched in the middle of the night and opened my eyes. The room darker than normal since it was, really? Only midnight? I felt like I slept hours. I mentally groaned. I looked over towards where the nightlight in the kitchen was. Usually it was turned before we went to bed. I looked over my shoulder. At least Oliver was back and well slightly snoring. I rolled my eyes and held back a laugh. I lifted the covers and got out of bed to turn the light off.