Chapter- Fifteen

I stood utterly still as if in a trance. Being told by your friend that she dumped your brother for your ex is not something I had in mind. First of all, who would want to be his girlfriend. He is a sex offender for crying out loud! He should have been allowed out of prison. My skin crawls with the jitters every time I see him in the hall. I want nothing to do with him, so I'm going to have to let Ellen go. I've done it many times and I don't have a problem doing it again.

"I'm sorry Ellen. I can't be friends with you anymore. I know it sounds very childish-" I started my apology but was very rudely cut off.

"You are such a bitch. Hell yeah that is childish! He's a guy and I can date who I want. Who cares if he made you have sex with him. That is in the freaking past and you need to get over yourself." She said with a bunch of attitude. She even did a hair flip along with rolling her eyes. I laughed slightly and walked into school.

"I thought you'd never get away from her." Oliver said taking me in his arms.

I laughed and went on my tippy toes and kissed him.

"There's no need to bodyguard me anymore. I have enough strength to take anyone on." I snorted as I leveled my feet and looked back up at his soft chestnut colored eyes. His soft yet rough hands cupped my face.

"If you say so, but if anyone, and I mean anyone gives you a hard time. Don't be afraid to tell me." He said and kissed my forehead. I nodded with slight smile.

"We better head off to class." I said and kissed his cheek and turned down a hallway. I pulled out my phone and went through some emails as I made my way to class.

"I don't see what you see in him." I heard 'him' say. I ignored Ryan and turned into my class away from him. I shook my hair and let out a huff.

"Rough morning?" Nolan asked.

"You could say that." I nodded.

"I could be your shrink or something." He commented.

"Thanks but I've got Oliver for that too." I bit my lip.

"I guess he has everything you need then." He chuckled.

"Haha that's impossible, but you could say he does." I started to blush because just knowing you have someone imperfectly perfect in your life is just a wow factor.

"Anything is possible if you just believe." He said smirking.

"That is a very true statement." I laughed a little and then class got started.

Once I got home, I went straight to my room. I still have a few things to unpack but I've got time. I curled up in a ball on my bed.

It wasn't even five minutes I was asleep that I was disturbed.

"Why are you so tired?" Elliot asked climbing onto my bed.

"I have no idea. I'm just so sick of Ryan being back in school. I can't get over the fact that Ellen is with him." I said with my eyes droopy.

"She doesn't deserve us anymore. She deserted us both for one awful guy." He said a little furious.

"Did you love her?" I suddenly found myself asking.

"I mean in a way yes. It's hard to explain you know. She was something unexpected and I enjoyed being with her. I don't understand what went wrong." I he said burying his face in one of my pillow.

"Well my brother is sappy but I do feel for him." I said trying to joke around.

"Geez, why don't you push me off the bed?" I asked after he playing shoved me but it wasn't as playful as I thought. I should have never said anything. I hit the floor with bang.

"Idiot." I whispered.

"I heard that lil sis." Elliot said. I chuckled and then crawled back into bed.

"So, tell me, how are you and Oliver?" He asked.

"We're good." I said.

"I'm stealing him tomorrow. We need some 'brother' bonding." He said.

"Okay, I'll be at a party with Veronica." I said letting her name slip.

"Veronica? Since when are you two talking?" He asked.

"Please don't be mad. She wants to be my friend again and I told her she'll have to put in a lot of effort." I told him. He nodded.

"I trust you with this one. Just keep her away from me." He said.

"Will do." I said cracking a small smile.

***

I stretched the skin around my eye and softly applied my eyeliner. I made sure everything look good but I knew I was taken. I looked at myself in the mirror and liked what I saw. I can finally say I love myself for who I am. If you let yourself believe otherwise it will lead you to many problems. But problems can always be resolved if you try hard enough. I fixed my dark grey jacket and made my way downstairs.

"Ready?" Veronica asked standing at the door. I nodded.

"Let's do this." I said and we went to my car.

"Thanks for letting me stay the night at your house after the party." She thanked me.

"Yup." I answered. What was I supposed to say when I wasn't even sure about having her stay?

"So where exactly is the party?" I asked her as I pulled out of the driveway.

"It is three blocks from the school." She said.

"So I have to drive north of the school?" I asked and made my way.

"You got it." She said. I turned on the heat and turned the music on. By the time we turned down the street, we could easily tell which house was having the party.

"We found it." Veronica clapped. I smirked at myself. I had to go around the block just to find a spot to park. Instead of walking around, we cut through the neighbor's yard and headed into the party scene. People were everywhere. I knew I was going to be uncomfortable. Veronica tugged me along into the house. She went off for a drink and I found myself walking around looking at the pictures on the wall.

After a few drinks, could tell I was buzzed. I kept up with the beat of the music, swaying my hips every which way. I made my way to the kitchen when I was pulled into the hallway closet. The lights were off and I could feel someone touching my breasts and I instantly shoved them. I flipped the lights on and found myself astonished he would do this again. He was drunk, and I knew I was a little too. His hands moved around my body and I squirmed for life.

"Stop. Let go of me." I repeated. Suddenly the door flung open, scaring me even more. Veronica shoved Ryan off of me and grabbed me.

"We're leaving." She told me and we left right after that. I felt weird. I lost my buzz, I was more tired than anything, but I was extremely creeped out. Veronica hugged me before she had me sit in the passenger side of the car.

"I'm sorry." She said and I nodded. When we got back to my house, I made sure to act normal. I knew Veronica was going to ask questions. I lead us up to my room and I started wiping my makeup off right away.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she stood behind me in my room.

"I'm fine, I just feel very violated." I told her.

"If you wanna, you know, talk to me about it, you can." She said trying to not upset me.

"There's nothing to talk about it. My brother and Oliver are probably going to ask me questions as to why we are back so early. So if you could, just play along with me." I said and she silently nodded.

"I'm just going to take a quick shower." I said grabbing some clothes and heading to the bathroom. I left her alone in my room and took my shower. I felt so violated that I felt the need to scrub the scum off in order to make myself feel clean.