Chapter- Twenty-eight

Why didn't he tell me? Why am I always the last one to find out? She could've told me too. Should I trust her anymore? My mind was spinning with all these questions. I sat in my room with my door locked. Finding out your brother and best friend hooked up behind your back was a problem for me. It wouldn't have been a problem if they would have told me about sooner rather than me finding out from Oliver. I live in the same house with my brother, how did I not know they hooked up and had sex. When the hell did that even happen?! How could it? He hated her from what I knew. They hated each other and now, now they are sex buddies. I mean I don't even know if they are a couple so I stuck sex buddies as a label right now until I get told everything. How could he keep this from me? Why did they have to go behind my back? I just don't understand that. If someone you in your family got together with your best friend behind your back, you'd understand why I am feeling like this. They were not very mature with handling the situation. I, I'm at a loss for words right now. I just didn't expect that to happen between them. I mean I'm happy for them but my disappointment is overpowering that happy emotion. I just need time to think about this. But I know if I sit here I'm just going to lose my mind about it. I feel so frazzled and out of place. I just wanted to be that person, that person who wasn't left out of most things. I never knew and that angers me. It's like they didn't want to tell me or they just forgot I was there to tell.

I twirled in my dress in front of my mirror. I was now looking forward to prom that was in an hour. I was waiting for Oliver to show up so we could get pictures taken. I walked into my bathroom and quickly fixed a piece of my hair. I heard Oliver's car door close. I slid on my heels and made my way downstairs to him.

"You look gorgeous." He said while in awe.

"Thank you. You look very handsome." I said complimenting him back. When I reached the last steps he put his hand out to me and I gladly took it.

"You got me a corsage?" I questioned as he put it on my wrist.

"Of course he said and kissed my hand.

"Alright lovebirds let's go get pictures quickly." My mom said from the doorway of the kitchen. We nodded and headed outside.

We stood in front of the flower garden that had a tree that was almost done blooming. Oliver moved his arm around my waist as my hand rested on his tux jacket. Our heads turned towards my mom, and we smiled. Elliot and Veronica joined in on the picture since they were going together. I just kept my mouth shut during all of it. Oliver's mom had stopped by to get some pictures of us also.

"You guys look great. Now go have fun!" My mother told us. We smiled, Oliver and I locked hands and went to his car. As I got in Elliot and I made eye contact, we stared at each other for a few second and then I broke it by getting into the car.

"How long are you two going to be mad at each other?' Oliver asked as he started the car.

"Honestly, I don't know. I'm just very disappointed in the both of them." I said.

"You sound like my mother. But I do agree with what you're saying. I just am not a fan of grumpy Elliot." He told me.

"He only did it to himself. I'm going on a quick rant, I need to let this out before partying. I honestly think I don't affect him, he may show that he's mad and upset with me but if you live in the same house it is totally different. He still thinks it's okay to have sex with her when I'm in the goddamn house. I think he might be doing it on purpose. It was honestly so damn loud that one night, I left the house and slept at my dad's. That shows how annoyed I am with him and Veronica that I had to leave. I would've went your house but it was going on one in the morning on a Friday night. I just don't get where he thinks he can get off with doing this. And if he is not using protection, he will have a whole lot of more responsibility if Veronica ends up having their child." I went on and on with my rant. I think I scared Oliver a little bit to be honest.

"I'm done ranting now." I said taking in a long calming breath.

"Damn." Is all Oliver said. I nodded with an annoyed look on my face.

"Okay, so time to party." I said making Oliver laugh. Ranting that made me feel so much better.

***

"I'm sorry I keep stepping on your feet." I laughed slightly.

"Don't worry, I keep hitting other people around us." Oliver chuckled, making me laugh. After another song we decided to take a break and sit down at a table. Elliot has been sitting there all night by himself. I was going to say something like he should be with his date but it would only cause more problems between us.

I sat down and crossed my legs.

"I'm going to get us some punch." Oliver said and awkwardly walked away from the table.

"Glad to see you're having fun." Elliot said.

"I wish you were having fun." I bluntly stated.

"Not really in the mood for dancing." He said and took a sip of his punch and then I watched him put it down and quickly spike it. I stared at him blankly. He fricken drunk.

"Are you out of your mind?" I asked quietly.

"Obviously." He said laughing. I rolled my eyes.

"Everything fine?" Oliver asked as he handed me my drink.

"Just peachy." I said and got up and walked away.

"What did you do this time? Wait, you're drunk, I can smell you." I heard Oliver said disgustingly. Elliot, oh Elliot you are just doing this to yourself.

I leaned against the wall of the gym where our prom was being held.

"I'm sorry about him." Oliver said as he also leaned against the wall.

"Don't be, it's his fault, he knows it too." I said.

"Well he is sure handling that maturely." He said sarcastically.

"I'm going to forget about him for the night until he really needs my attention. Would you like to dance?" I asked.

"I would love to." He said and took my hand.

The rest of the night was filled with dancing, kissing, singing, picture taking, and fun. Well fun for Oliver and I. We managed to mess up many dances like the jitterbug, salsa, and even the macarena. We are the worst dancers but we have fun with it so I honestly don't care how bad or stupid we look.

I grabbed my clutch and I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Can I get a ride home with you two? I don't feel safe being in a car with Elliot." Veronica asked politely. I looked at Oliver and slightly nodded. He shook his head and told her she could.

As we dropped Veronica off at her slightly crappy apartment, we drove to my house. Oliver pulled up into the driveway and I got out and walked to his window. I leaned against his car.

"Thank you for me being my date to prom." I thanked him.

"What are boyfriends for?" He said smiling and kissed my cheek as I slightly giggled.

"I had fun for once." I said smiling and he smiled.

"I did too. Maybe we could do more of that once school is out for the summer." He suggested and I nodded.

"I haven't forgot about our getaway." I laughed and then blushed.

"Hasn't slipped my mind either." He said with a smirk.

"I'll see you tomorrow. You are coming over right?" I asked.

"Of course I am. I rather spend my Sunday afternoon with my girlfriend rather than do nothing all day. I nodded and kissed him goodnight.

I waited for him to pull away and then I finally went inside and got changed into comfy clothes.

"Daniella! We have an emergency. Grab your shoes and let's go!" My mom yelled from downstairs. My eyes widened and my heart began racing as I slipped on shoes and ran down the steps.