SEQUEL: Once Those Hazel Eyes (II.)

En başından başla

I cried as I folded the paper and kept it inside my pocket.

My mother came barging in from the kitchen. "Mija... what is wrong?" She asked and my mouth couldn't form the words to answer her question. I curled into a ball in the corner. Mama Sinu walked towards me. "Camila... tell me what is wrong!" She was beginning to be impatient and I had to tell her.

She deserved to know the truth. "Lauren and Sofia... T-they... th- they... got into an.. a-accident..." My voice automatically broke in the end and I wiped the tears coming out from my eyes.

My mother was stunned as she stood from the ground. "Go to the hospital." I held her hand and wanted to hug her before I go and check the condition of Lauren and Sofia. She turned away. "Just go. Now!" Tears still came and I rushed out to the door to go to the hospital they got in.

As I drove I tried to be as calm as possible. I remembered my father; how he got in the same accident and how the accident stole his life that he would've spent with his family, with us. I kept on crying as I drove as my eyes got blurry I had to stop for some time while the traffic light went red. I silently prayed that hopefully both of them were okay. I couldn't think of any possibility that they were in critical condition or that if someone just died.

But I had to expect the worst. Even though I did, it didn't make the pain less.

I reached my destination as I parked the car and wiped my tears once again as I checked myself in the side mirror. I got out of the car and looked for them. "Lauren Jauregui and Sofia Cabello?" I inquired to the hospital's attendant.

"And you are?" She asked respectfully.

"Girlfriend and sister." The attendant stared at me. It hurt even if I just said it. I wanted to ask: are they still alive? Please tell me that they still are. But instead she informed me their rooms and I was more worried than before.

I didn't mind whether I already looked such mess and there were already tears forming in my eyes, I just had to see them. I needed to know if they were okay and if they were still both alive.

Suddenly, I saw a sight of Lauren being sat on one of the benches outside the emergency room. She was covering her whole face with her bare hands almost as if she was drowning herself in tears. I rushed towards her even though my knees were shaking and my whole entirety was tensed.

"L-lauren." I called out here name just almost above the whisper. She looked up and I could see that her face was red and her eyes were filled with tears. She looked a big mess too. She stood up from her seat and embraced me into a hug.

The hug didn't seem like the kind of hugs you should feel warm and cozy with. The hug was the kind that was telling you that life messed with you again. "What happened?" I straight out asked her while her face was buried on the crook my neck and I couldn't hug her back because I was too weak.

"I'm s-sorry." Lauren told me all too sudden. What was she saying sorry for? "I'm fucking sorry Camz." She was hysterically crying and I remained stunned.

Something was telling me that I couldn't accept this.

The doctor came out of the emergency room and walked towards us. Lauren released herself from the hug and resumed on wiping her tears off her face.

The doctor removed his face mask. "Are you the relatives of Sofia Cabello?" The male doctor inquired and I nodded my head although I felt like I was just a robot.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Time of death..." I couldn't hear more of his words anymore as a tear escaped my eye once again. I was speechless and still standing. Lauren collapsed on her seat and covered her whole face with her bare hands once again. I furrowed my eyebrows.