Chapter 29 - How Does It Feel? (Chanyeol)

Chanyeol's POV

I’ve never seen her cry before… Ever. She was always so strong. Never letting anything get to her. In the four years we’ve been together, I’ve never once seen her cry… Until today.

I watched her grabbing her things from the dresser, putting them in her suitcase. “Sarah, please…” I said, going over to her. “No… No, Chanyeol. You did this! You fucked everything up!” She yelled, tears streaming down her face. I felt something deep in my heart clench in agony at seeing her like this. “Can we just talk?” I asked, stepping between her and the dresser. “No” she responded coldly, trying to push me out of her way. I grabbed her hands and held them firmly in mine, “Listen to me, Sarah. I’m sorry! I’m so fucking sorry” She shook her head and snatched her hands out of mine, “You’re only sorry cause you got caught” I groaned and ran a hand through my hair, “You won’t even let me explain! This is bullshit” She glared at me, “There’s nothing to explain, Chanyeol. You fucked some random and hid it from me! Did you really think I wouldn’t find her panties? Tossing them behind the hamper isn’t exactly a good hiding place, asshole.”

"I know I fucked up!" I yelled, reaching out for her. She backed away from my touch and something inside me broke. "Don’t touch me" she mumbled, her eyes never meeting mine. I could feel the burn in my throat as I fought to hold back tears. "Sarah…" I said, taking a step towards her. "No… Leave me alone so I can get my stuff" she said, crossing her arms over her chest. I shook my head, "You can’t just leave… At least let me explain or, or something" She looked at me, "What is there to explain, Chanyeol?"

I sighed and walked past her, sitting on the edge of the bed. “Don’t be all quiet now. Spill the fucking beans” she said, a harsh tone to her voice. I looked at her, “I didn’t fuck some random… It was, uh… It was Sandy” Her face changed from angry to sad and hurt. “Sandy?” I nodded and a fresh wave of tears fell down her cheeks, “How could you, Chanyeol? How could you have sex with your ex-girlfriend? How could you do it in our house? In… In our bed?”

"Do you think I don’t regret this?" I asked, standing up. She locked her eyes with mine, "I don’t know, Chanyeol… I feel like I don’t even know you!" I groaned and reached out, taking her upper arms in my hands, "Sarah… Please. Let me explain everything to you? Please?" She looked at me with a blank stare before whispering, "Okay" I took her hand and tried leading her over to the bed but she jerked away, "I’m not sitting on that… Not after…"

I sighed, “Babe, you’ve changed the sheets since then.” She shot me a dirty look, “I don’t care. I’ll never be able to be near that fucking thing again” I nodded, “Fine. Let’s go downstairs and sit.” She pulled her hand away from mine and mumbled something before leaving the room. I ran my hand through my hair and took in a deep breath before following her.

I walked into the living room and found her sitting on the sofa. Arms crossed and staring straight ahead. I sat next to her crossed leg and reach out, nudging her arm, “Please look at me” She sighed and slowly looked at me, “Say what you have to say, Chanyeol” I nodded and licked my lips, “Okay… So, last week when I was at the bar with Niall, she was there. I was already a few shots deep, but, I’m not using that as an excuse. What I did was horrible and I know this. Anyway, she came over and she was talking to me and it was all innocent at first. She asked me to dance and I said yes. I didn’t think I was doing anything wrong…” Her gaze was intense as she watched me, “Finish the story, Chanyeol. Let’s get to the part where she just so happened to end up in our bed.”

I took a deep breath, “As the night went on, I drank more. Like… A lot more. She started getting a bit sexual with me and I was so turned on. I wanted you, baby. I swear. But, you were staying with Alex and I was so worked up. When she kissed me, it was like I couldn’t stop myself. She talked me into bring her here… And, you know what happened next.” She shook her head and glared at me, “So, how did her fucking panties end up behind the hamper?” I sighed and looked down at my hands, “When I woke up the next morning to you calling me, I saw them and freaked out. I just tossed them there. I was going to grab them later but I forgot."