Chapter 3 - Let Me Make It Up To You (Sehun)

SEHUN'S POV

I dropped my keys down on the counter, shruging off my jacket and throwing it on the nearest chair. The house was dark and empty. To a stranger, it looked like no one even lived here anymore. I hadn't realized how much I'd let things go. My career giving me such amazing opportunities, yet taking away the things I love and needed the most. Sometimes I'd look at myself in the mirror and not even recognizing the man staring back at me. What hurt the most is how I knew I was losing her. After long nights at the studio, tour, and now preparing for another tour she still stayed. She still held on even if sometimes I let go.

Closing the fridge, I popped open a beer. Letting the cool liquid glide down my throat. My eyes scanned over the photos she hung up of us. The different trips we've gone on. Our first Christmas together. We were once so happy. So in love. Now, we both feel everything is slipping out of our grasp. My eyes landed on the little EXO calendar she hung up for fun. My eyes widened and I almost dropped the bottle when I realized the date. She drew a little pink heart around it, with our names written in the middle.

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath. Rubbing the back of my neck with my empty hand.

I looked around the room searching for any sign of her. Or any sign that she left. Nothing looked different as I traveled through our dark flat. Mentally beating myself up over the fact I had forgotten a day that once meant so much to us both.

I opened the door to our bedroom, peeking my head in. The curtains were wide open, the moonlight shining in. She lay on her side of the bed, her back faced towards me. Something I was greeted with every night. I would come home late from rehearsals. And the next morning I would be gone before she woke.

My temple rested on the wall as I watched her sleep. Her chest raising and falling with each breath. Her hair falling around her face perfectly. Her beautiful pouty lips begging for me to kiss them. She was breathtaking. Any man would be more than lucky to have her, yet I selfishly kept her here and neglected to show her the attention she deserved.

I pulled my t-shirt over my head, tossing it on the floor. I reached down and untied my boots, making sure to set them down softly at the foot of our bed. Fumbling with my belt, she shifted in bed, but feel back into her deep sleep. I pushed my jeans past my hips, kicking the rest of the way down until my legs were free from the tight fabric.

I pulled back the comforter, sliding in slowly making sure not to wake her. I scooted close enough so her back was touching my chest. The silk of her nightie rubbing against my skin smoothly. Curling my finger around her hair, I flicked it off of her neck. I leaned down, leaving soft lingering kisses. She stirred a bit, droopy eyes fluttering open.

"You forgot." She pointed out. Looking at me from the corner of her eye as I lifted my head.

"I know, I'm sorry." I whispered, my lips forming into a tight line.

She turned on her back, reaching out and petting my cheek with the pad of her thumb. Leaning my face into her hand, my eyes closing at her touch. I covered the back of her hand with mine, bringing it to my lips. I kissed each one of her fingertips slowly. Waiting for her to protest, but she didn't. I placed my hand over her hip, pulling her towards me. Shifting so I was above her. Leaning my head down, I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Let me make it up to you." I whispered. Kissing the skin under her ear.

When my eyes met hers once more, I could see the glassy pools of tears behind them. All the hurt and pain I caused her, yet she still loved me. She still trusted me after all of the times I've given her doubt. She gave her life to me. With no regrets, she followed.