Chapter 17 - Forever (Xiumin)

Xiumin's POV

"C'mon you got this! This is the last exam we have then it's summer time!" I encourage, asking her the last question on her Psychology study guide.

"Read it again, please"

I look at her for a second, but it feels like hours, taking in all of her features every damn time I look at her. Her long, wavy, yet straight, soft, sweet-smelling hair cascaded down, outlining her face. Beautiful big eyes that looked inside of me, a cute nose that sniffled softly when she was fighting with her ass of a boyfriend, and her mouth. That mouth of hers was just perfect. The way they were such deep red without lipstick made me crave for a kiss, and how her bottom lip was constantly between her teeth made me yearn to suck on it. And her body; the way it...

"...Xiumin..." she interrupts, snapping me out of my thoughts.

You're her bestfriend Xiumin. Get over it.

Without a breath, I begin to say. "The motivation state of excitement and tension brought by physiological and cognitive reactions to erotic stimuli"

"Sexual arousal!"

"Yes! You got every question right Nicole!" I say, and she laughs that irresistible laugh.

"Thanks Xiumin," she giggles, about to hug me, but a vibration in her pocket stopped her. "It's the boyfriend, I'll be outside" she excitedly says.

"Keep it PG-13 'ight?"

"No promises!"

Ugh. Wy must she be with that prick.

Minutes later she comes back, spilling out what the conversation was, that I honestly did not want to hear, was about. But I can see a spark in her mind as she widens her beautiful eyes.

"...That reminds me! How are you holding up with that girl that you broke up with?"

"Uh, It's okay. I haven't thought about her so I guess that's good."

Because you're all that's on my mind.

"Why'd you break up with her again?"

Because I'm falling in love with you.

"It just didn't feel right," I lie.

Nicole is all I ever wanted and needed in a person. Every time I see her it gets worse and worse, and it needs to stop. I feel a need to protect her, love her, comfort her, and be her bestfriend at the same time. But sadly because of this little shit she's been dating the same time we met in college two years ago, I'm in the goddamn friendzone. I needed more, and I needed it fast.

Packing up her stuff, she starts to leave our apartment we shared for a date with him. She quickly says goodbye as she rushes out the door, but she stops.

"Hey! Come with us! We're just going to the bar to have a couple of drinks" she begs, and of course, I cannot say no to that flawless face; grabbing my wallet and keys.

"More!" she slurs, flagging down the waitress for her sixth drink. She could limit herself, but tonight she seemed to not care at all.

"Gotta go" the fucker tells me looking at his phone, Nicole watching the people dance, hearing nothing of our minute conversation.

"What about your girlfriend?"