Chapter 18 - Promise (D.O)

Hellooo. This story is quite personal, and stuff. Before you read, I just wanted to let you know that you're beautiful no matter what and I will always think you're perfect. Beauty isn't defined by weight. Stay strong, okay. xx

Adrienne's POV

I sat down on the cold tiled floor, crying with my laptop in front of me. I wiped my tears with my sleeve and stood up. I looked at myself in the mirror, lifting up my shirt. All I saw was fat. In my eyes, I wasn't skinny at all. I looked at my thighs, then my stomach, immediately regretting it. Fresh tears rolled down my red tinted cheeks. I looked at the door leading into mine and D.O's bedroom. I hesitantly walked through door, heading towards the bedside table. I pulled open the drawer and lifted all the things that were in it. There it was. Lying at the bottom, hidden. I took the blade in my hand, and carelessly put back the things that were removed not too long ago. I walked to the bathroom, grabbing some tissues and sat on the floor. I didn't bother closing the door, as I was the only one in the house. It has been a while since I have last cut. In my past, I used to do it a lot. About every day or every other day. I pulled up my sleeve, revealing the faded yet still visible scars.

Tears blurred my eyesight. I didn't want to do this, but I felt like I deserved it and I needed to do it to relive the pain. D.O knew that I had cut in my past. I promised him that I wouldn't do it again. I felt guilty for breaking his promise. Or about to. But still, I continued. A tear fell from my eyes, and dropped on my arm. I wiped it away and pressed the tip of the blade to my skin. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath in. I opened them again, slowly pulling the blade sideways, creating at first, a line. Blood breaded into small red balls. They looked like beads that you would put on a bracelet. I lifted my arm a bit, and the blood ran down. I got the tissue, wiping off the blood. I pressed the blade to a different patch of skin and slid it sideways. Yet again, blood beaded into balls then ran down my arm as I lifted it.

Instead of wiping the blood off my arm, I looked at it. My blood was bright red. I pressed the blade to my skin a few more times. Some blood dripped onto the tiled floor. Just then, I heard D.O's voice. Before I could try wiping off the blood, D.O appeared. He stood, looking at me, with my arm full of blood that just kept coming. I looked into his eyes for a second; tears filling them. He blinked, and a tear rolled down his cheek. "W-Why?" He choked out. 

D.O's POV

I walked to the counter, opening a cabinet; getting a small towel. I walked back to Adrienne and bent down. I wiped the blood that was on the floor. Her small hand was holding her arm; a tissue under it. I pulled her hand away, pulling off the tissue that was now, covered in her blood. I wrapped the towel around her arm. I brought her up to her feet. Without words, I took her hand and led her to the sink. I took the towel off,and turn the tap on. I waited until the water was warm. I gently put her arm under it. I looked at her face. Her eyes squeezed shut, a tear rolling down. I looked back to her arm that was under water. "That stings." Her soft voice spoke. I looked up at her again. I opened my mouth, wanting to say something, but nothing came out. I nodded instead, looking back at her arm.

I sat in front of her. I inhaled and exhaled, slowly. "Why did you do it?" She looked down at her arm, her hair falling in front of her face. "U-um. Well... There was just so much hate, and people were calling me fat and I just... Deserve it. I needed to feel relieved, and I didn't know what else to do. I... I just didn't want to bother you with my problems." Her eyes met mine for a second, before she looked back down. A tear fell from her eyes, and landed on her leg. I lifted her chin up with my fingers. I caressed her cheek; my thumb wiping her tears away. I leaned in, resting my forehead on hers. We held eye contact for a minute. I blinked and pulled my eyes away from hers as a tear slipped away from my eyes. Her small finger wiped the tear away. I looked into her eyes again.

"Don't cry." She whispered. "It's hard not to cry when the one I love is hurting herself..." I whispered back to her. She hummed in response. Another tear rolled down her cheek. Once again, I wiped it away with my thumb. "I still love you." I whispered before I kissed her lips softly. I slowly pulled away and looked at her again. "Why do you feel like you deserve it?" She shrugged. She looked up at me. "I just... Do. Is that weird?" She asked this, and then looked at the bed. I shake my head; no then quickly said it's not. "And... and why didn't you just talk to me?" I asked curious. "I didn't want to bother you. You were out with the boys and, I didn't want to bother you with my constant problems." Her voice was soft, and quiet. "I would've came home to make sure you're alright." She shook her head. "That's what I didn't want to happen. The boys would think I'm annoying or something. So... Yeah." "No they wouldn't. I just want you to be safe, Adrienne."

She nodded her head, and looked back at me again. She kissed me, softly. I kissed back and pulled her onto my lap. I pulled apart, our foreheads, once again, resting on each other's. I took in a shaky breath and breathed out. "Promise me you won't do it again. And that you will tell me whenever you feel like doing it. It doesn't matter where I am. You won't be bothering me. I want you to be safe. You're too beautiful to be doing this to yourself. You don't deserve any of this. I want you to talk to me whenever you feel like this again. "Don't listen to the people who hate on you. They don't know you. They're ignorant people who have nothing better to do. Okay?" She hesitantly nodded her head. "Promise that you won't do it anymore and talk to me whenever you're feeling like this?" I waited for her answer. She pondered for a second before speaking. "Promise," a small smile spread across my face. "Good. I love you okay, baby?" She nodded again. "I love you too." She said to me.

A/N:

Feedback is always nice.

Vote & Comment :)

-Adie
xx