Chapter 19 - Beautiful (Luhan)

Luhan's POV

"Ask me another one," I prompted, swirling my fingers against her skin as we both lay in bed, asking each other questions about one another.

"Okay," she smiled shyly, chewing lightly on her lip as she thought of what to ask me. "What's your favorite thing about me?"

"There isn't one," I said quietly, brushing my lips gently over hers as I spoke. "I love everything about you."

"I guess that counts," she shrugged, a giggle falling from her lips delicately. "You go."

"Why won't you let me take you?" I blurted out, sighing to myself as her smile was wiped from her lips and her eyes squeezed shut.

"Luhan..."

"I'm sorry beautiful. I know, I know."

"No," she mumbled, her eyes still closed as she didn't dare to look at me. "It was a fair question."

"It's not that I can't wait for you, baby. I want to wait for you. I just... wondered why you are so reluctant."

When she didn't answer, I continued to speak softly. "If you think I'd intentionally hurt you, or," I began, though I stopped myself when her eyes flew open in alarm, her pupils wide as she stared at me in shock.

"No, Luhan," she whispered. "I know you wouldn't hurt me, I trust you... I love you."

"Then why won't you let me look after you? I could make you feel so good, beautiful. I could take care of you."

"You already take care of me," she mumbled.

"You know what I mean, love."

"It isn't anything to do with you, I promise," she said, pressing a brief kiss to my lips.

"Why baby? Let me in please..."

"I'm not comfortable with being..." she began, before pausing a moment. "Being exposed to you."

"Why?" I whispered, tilting her chin up after I fell to her chest.

"I don't like the way I look, and I wouldn't be comfortable with you seeing my body," she spoke, her voice barely a whisper as tears began to flood her eyes.

"No, no, don't cry," I soothed softly, catching the tears that slid down her pink cheeks. "I understand baby. Please don't cry."

"I'm sorry," she grimaced, but I shook my head as I kissed her forehead.

"You have no reason to be sorry. No reason at all," I told her, showing her a small smile as a sign of encouragement. "I know you're not comfortable with your body... but baby, all I see is perfection."

She began to shake her head, so I pressed my finger to her lip and she stopped, looking up at me with curious eyes.

"I wouldn't lie to you, you know that. I love you, and that includes every single bit about you. That includes your eyes, your ears, your mouth, your nose, your stomach, your legs, even your back... but most importantly your heart. And nothing is going to change that, no matter what."

"Nobody has ever told me that," she whispered, a smile spread across her lips as her hand clutched my cheek adoringly.

"Well they should have, because it's all true. You don't need to hide anything from me..."