Chapter 7 - Daddy Chanyeol

LIOR'S POV 

"Mommy! Mommy!" my little girl squealed as she giggled in the bath tub. Bath time was always an adventure and extremely tiring. I usually ended up with water all over my shirt and pants by the end of it.

  "Okay honey it's time to wash your hair and then we'll get ready for bed!" I sighed wanting some time to myself. Darcy played with her toys, splashing me as expected, as I finished rinsing the suds out of her hair. I grabbed her out of the steep bath tub and wrapped her in her pink bunny towel.

 "Let's get your jammies on and we'll get ready to get in your bed!"

 "No!" she protested. "Sleep in mommy and daddy's bed?"

 Sigh. We had just recently put Darcy in her own bed with a rail on the side so she wouldn't fall off the side onto the floor, but she liked to fall asleep in mine and Chanyeol's bed. After she falls asleep Chanyeol usually carries her into her room but sometimes we both fall asleep with her, being worn out from the day, and end up with little feet and arms hitting us in our sides and a happy little girl sprawled out in the middle of our bed.

 "Okay sweetie," I said with the best smile I could put on. I dressed her in her pink cupcake jammies and brushed her hair and teeth. "There. All ready for bed. Let's go get daddy and we can go night night."

 I grabbed Darcy's tiny hand and we walked into the living room to find Chanyeol stretched out on the couch watching an evening football match. He looked over at Darcy and beamed. "Hey princess!" She ran into his arms and was enveloped in his large arms for a hug. She definitely loved her mommy, but there was a special place for daddy. She was going to be a daddy's girl for sure.

 "Daddy, it's time for Darcy to go to bed. Let's go lay down." I said eager to put her in bed.

 Chanyeol clicked off the TV. "That sounds like a good idea," he said fale yawning. He carried Darcy in his arms as we made our way to the bedroom. She jumped from his arms, and crawled right up to the middle of the bed to get herself comfortable. Chanyeol and I followed suit, both laying on either side of her.

 She stretched out her little arms and yawned. Hopefully she would be out soon, bath time usually  wears her out, plus it was almost ten which was past her normal bed time. She snuggled up in the blankets and put her hand on my arm, gently rubbing up and down, giving herself a sense of comfort. Moments like this made my heart melt. I love my little girl so much and sharing little moments like this kept me going.

 Her hands started to slow, and I could hear her breathing start to get slow and heavy. I looked down at her face to see her little eyelids slowly closing. I exhaled in relief. I would give her a few minutes to get into a deeper sleep so we could carry her into her bedroom without waking her.

 I looked over to Chanyeol, seeing him laying comfortabl on the bed with his arms propped up behind his head. "Are you up for carrying her into her room?" I asked. "I'd prefer to get more than two hours of sleep tonight," I said chuckling quietly, being careful not to wake her.

 "Yeah I'll do it," he said sitting up and stretching his arms. He slid both of his muscular arms underneath Darcy's little body and carried her into her room. I sat up on the bed waiting for him to return.

 I heard Chanyeol's footsteps coming back into the bedroom and I rose from the bed.

 "I love that child, but I couldn't wait for her to go to sleep," I said.