Chapter 5 - All That Matters (Tao)

TAO'S POV

 I looked at her from across the room and I could feel my mouth dry up as her hips swayed from side to side to the upbeat tempo of some random song that blasted through the speakers. My fingers twitched and balled into a fist when she dropped her body lower and lower onto the ground, like time had begun to slow down and her movement were becoming more detailed and precise. Her fingers ran through her hair, which looked dark in this lighting. Her body, not the thinnest and certainly not the largest, fit into her conservative sexy dress and I knew from that moment that I wanted nothing but her.

 "Mate you okay?" Kris elbowed me and took my attention from her. I nodded, gulping hard, hoping he hadn't caught me staring at his beautiful girlfriend. That was just the problem. She wasn't mine. She was Kris' and all her ever did was treat her like absolute shit. "You look sick, man." 

A/N: (Sa mga Kris Wu bias diyan, story lang po to. No hard feelings! ^___^)

I nodded again, my hair bouncing into my face. "Light-headed, a bit." I peaked out from the corner of my eye to see her walking towards us, drinks in hand and arms covered in a light sheen of sweat.

 She smiled her gorgeous smile and held out the beers for us. "I thought you guys needed a few cold ones. Tao, you look terrible. Need me to get someting for you?" I quickly shook my head. "Here, come with me. We'll cool you off." She extended her hand and held it out to me. I felt my eyes widen and looked over to Kris, seeing as he found a better company of people to talk to. I hesitantly took her hand and she held it in hers. She looked over to Kris, seeing her boyfriend's hand wander on a model-thin blonde's waist. Her eyes fell to the ground and her confidence shattered.

 I stand up and pull her in for a hug. I can already feel her small fingers digging into my shoulders. "You deserve better," I whispered in her ear, unaware of anything I'm saying. She pulls back and I half expect her to swing at me. But she doesn't and smiles at me, I knew she thought I was right.

 It didn't take long for me to pull her out of the congested nightclub and have her in the passenger seat of my car. I felt gulity for not telling Kris I was leaving, especially with his girlfriend, but if I didn't leave any sooner, things would've gotten ugly. I looked over to her ever so often to see the same sight. Her head was pressed onto the window and her legs were crossed, hands over her kneecaps. I liked seeing her like this, when she's calm and nothing, not even a meteor crashing, could distract her.

 "You keep staring at me," she said softly. I had woken up from my daze and continued on driving, her face flushed. Embarrassment showered me and, from where I sat, I could hear her light giggling. The giggling seized when we reached my apartment complex. Never have I ever brought her here, mostly in fear of Kris. Also because she wasn't  a girl to beg and take home.

 We made the way to the door of my home and she managed to pin me up against the door right before I could open it. I froze, unaware of the actions. My mouth grew dry again as I looked down at her lustful eyes and her smirk. Her hands held my shoulders in place and her chest rose and fell with her breathing. She moved in closer and I wanted to put my hands all over her but I feared that something would ruin this moment, where I could smell her delicious scent and when I could feel her mouth instantly attach to the skin exposed above my collarbone. I let out a low groan and looked down at her innocent eyes. "I've known you fancied me Tao, for a few years now. Don't lie.