Chapter 20 - Puzzle Pieces (Kris)

Alex's POV

Kris hands were clammy as he stepped off the lift. His mouth was dry, and his stomach was doing back-flips. This happened on very rare occasion, but Kris Wu was nervous.

He took two deep breaths before slowly raising his fist and knocking on the door. When he heard shuffling around on the other end, his breath hitched. He wanted to roll his eyes at himself for his school-boy-like ways, but he really couldn’t help it. He was excited to see her.

So when she slowly opened her door, peeking out from behind it Kris couldn’t stop himself from grinning widely. A huge smile stretching from ear to ear. He may have looked like an idiot but he really didn’t care. Because there she was, standing less than three feet before him.

Kris couldn’t quite believe it.

“So, are you going to come in or are you planning to watch the film from the hall?” She inquired and Kris grinned wider - if that was even possible. He never thought there was anything particularly unique about her voice, but after months of only hearing it on the other end of the telephone line and over quick Skype chats, the soft lull of her voice soothed him.

She stepped aside as Kris walked into her flat, his eyes scanning the familiar room he had been in so many times before. He could feel her big round eyes on his back, and when he turned around he felt slightly uncomfortable. You see, their relationship was a bit complicated.. Was she his girlfriend? No. Were they dating? Well, technically, no. Whenever Kris came to pick her up for one, all it took was one look from her toes to the top of her head and they both rushed to one another fueled with lust and took what they wanted from one another in a moment of purely raw passion. Eventually laying in her bed with her sheets wrapped around them both as they ate takeaway.

Therefore, Kris wasn’t sure how to greet her. Should he hug her? No, that would be too simple of a gesture and he didn’t want to seem closed off. Should he kiss her? God, he wanted to. But he didn’t want to seem so eager. Before he could stress too long over it, she called for his attention.

“I’m sorry?” Kris questioned.

“I asked what’s in the bag.”

Kris eyes trailed down to the paper bag in his hand, totally forgetting about it until she pointed it out. “Oh,” He cleared his throat, “I figure I’d stop by the shop and pick you up something.” He handed her the package, “I didn’t want to come here empty handed.”

“You didn’t need to - wow you’re good.” Kris chuckled as her Bambi-like eyes lit up when she took out the pints of Rocky Road ice cream from the bag.

“I remembered it was your favorite.” He added, following her down the hall.

Kris watched her as she walked around her kitchen. Preparing them both drinks as she talked about what she had been up to recently, after he inquired. Kris tried his hardest to pay attention but couldn’t help his mind wander as his eyes did freely. Her hair had gotten longer, and fell in loose soft natural waves over her shoulder. He wondered if she purposely styled it this way just for him. Recalling the one time they laid in bed, her head on his chest and he told her how pretty her hair looked after she took it out of a bun. Kris smiled at the thought. She now wore a loose fitting plaid button up, paired with those tiny-black-fucking-spandex shorts that made her legs look miles long and arse firm and round. Kris wanted her right then but when she turned and handed him his drink with a sweet smile he felt his heart thud in his chest.