31.0 That's the look

"What do you mean?" Scott furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you know how you can tell if your dreaming?" Madison shrugged, answering Stiles. "You can't read in dreams. And these last couple of days, I've been having trouble reading. It's like I can't see the words; I can't put the letters in order."

"Can you read right now?" Madison asked her best friend. He stood up, examining the room.

"I can't read a thing."

*

Madison sat in economy class, right behind Stiles, and she noticed that he started to stop responding to coach. Coach noticed this, too. "Stilinski?" Coach asked, but Stiles didn't say a word. Coach blew his whistle for a long time, until Stiles snapped out of his daze. "Stilinski!"

"Uhuh?"

"Stilinski, I asked you a question." Coach glared at Stiles.

"Uh, sorry, coach." Stiles sighed, leaning his head against his arm. "What was it?"

"Oh, it was Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?" Coach snapped at him.

"Oh." Stiles widened his eyes. "Well, I am now."

"Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink every night." Coach sighed. "Does anyone else want to answer the question on the board?"

Stiles glanced between Madison and Scott, who were both giving him concerned looks. "I'm okay." He nodded. "I just fell asleep for a second."

"Dude, you weren't asleep." Scott shook his head. Madison gestured to the notebook sitting in front of Stiles. It had 'wake up' written all over it.

*

"Okay, so what happens to someone who has a near death experience, and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked his lunch table. Scott, Stiles, Madison, Isaac, Lydia, and Allison were all sitting outside for lunch that day.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not." Stiles added.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of her dead relatives." Allison had apparently started seeing her Aunt Kate, but it's was an evil version of her.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac answered them all, smirking. Madison let out a snort, knowing that comment would not sit well with Stiles.

"Ha." Stiles groaned, sarcastically. "Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half of my childhood, I was locked in a freezer, so being helpful is kind of a new thing to me." Isaac sassed him, and Stiles rolled his eyes.

"Okay, are you still milking that?"

"Yeah, we are still milking that-" Isaac nodded.

"Hi." The girl from earlier, Kira Yukimura interrupted them. "I couldn't help but overhear what you guys where talking about." Madison widened her eyes as she shared a glance with Lydia. Madison quickly looked down at her lunch. "And I think I might know what you're talking about." Kira sent the group an awkward smile. "There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called Bardo. It literally means in between states; the states being life and death."