3.4-Say "Yes"(Finale)

3rd Person's POV

It's been about three weeks since Mark's been released and things have been only getting better. Mark's wish came true- Jinyoung dyed his hair to a very dark crimson. However no one even noticed and Mark complained about it.

Mark began to work at Jaehyun's antique shop too. The place was bursting with life since the new addition.

Mark and Jinyoung often worked together, letting Jaehyun off 'cause they really are in debt to him.

He had chosen to cut all contact with his immediate family and Jinyoung agreed that that would be the best for everyone. Jinyoung also decided that they'll tell Jinyoung's family about their relationship soon and Jinyoung was more than prepared for rejection.

Mark had a plan.

Mark told everyone else his masterplan and after three weeks showed them. Hidden in the back of his shared wardrobe was a small blue velvety box and inside that was a gold band. Engraved on the inside was a reminder of their confession. 

Jinyoung was completely oblivious to this surprise which was going to be on his birthday. He did catch Mark staring at him a lot which was unusual.

***

Jinyoung's POV (His birthday)

It feels weird to be 17. It's a nice type of weird though. I didn't wake up until 2pm. I had a day off so I set upon relaxing.

But, of course, that didn't happen. I'm glad that didn't happen.

Mark came stumbling through the door in the morning, handing me breakfast in bed. Greeting me with a kiss, he sat next to me asking questions.

"So what do you want to do today?" Mark had this strange look in his eyes. I thought about it for a while as I chewed on my toast.

"Nothing much really-" I fed him a piece. "-I just want to hang out with you,"

Mark looked at the clock. "It's 3 now, would you like to go on a walk with me soon?"

I fed him another piece. "Yeah-" I stretched. "-Let's go in half an hour,"

Mark nodded. I quickly kissed him. I left the empty tray on the table and went to collect a towel.

I arrived back to see Mark smirking at me. "Can I shower with you?"

Mark was standing by this point, so I walked over to him and pulled his shirt over his head. "Sure baby,"

***

Mark's POV (20 minutes later)

Jinyoung tugged onto me, and I chuckled as I opened the door. My hand discretely tapped the pocket of my jeans. I felt a solid box and that's when the fear kicked in.

He could say no...

My mind was blazing with different thoughts. My hands went clammy within seconds but Jinyoung didn't let go. One thing I learnt about being official 'out' was that people don't actually give a fuck. It's all in your head, I suppose. However, people are rude these days and some send us looks.

But I really don't give two shits and neither does my boyfriend.

"Baby I was thinking of getting a tattoo," Jinyoung says out of nowhere. "Maybe we could... uhhh...you know " Jinyoung's voice fades.

"That's a brilliant idea Jinny, we'll definitely get couple tattoos," I send a smile at him. "Have any ideas?"

Jinyoung cutely grinned. "Our hands entwined," He breathed.

I pouted. "Jinyoung, I don't think you'd like my hands on your body forever,"

"I love your hands pabo," He lifted my incomplete hand up and kissed it.

"I love him," I accidentally said out loud. Jinyoung's cheeks went crimson.

"I love you Mark," He replied back.

***

We talked about various topics and soon we were here. This place probably birthed a lot of couples but I'd like to believe we are special.

Just like before the sun was casting its' rays against the town. The toasty feeling made my heart flutter slightly. I turned to face Jinyoung, whose eyes reflected the sun. His smile was warm, and full of affection and that somehow eased me.

"It's beautiful," He whispered as he turned o face me. "To think that this was where it all started..."

"Look at us now Mark, we're still together- almost 5 years, we went through it all..."

"Yeah, we really did,"

We were caught up in silence, a nice type of silence. I think I've mentioned this before but we don't really need to physically speak to know what the other one's thinking of.

"We are a great team," Jinyoung announced.

"We are the best team," I faced Jinyoung as I held both his hands in mine. "That is why I want to make our team last forever. You, Park Jinyoung, are my everything. You're beautiful and elegant and you bring the best out of any given situation. Without you, I don't know what I'd do- in fact I'll probably already be dead. You've given me strength, courage and wisdom over the years and because of that..." I fished the box out of my pocket.

"...I have enough bravery to ask you-" I knelt down before him.

"Will you marry me?"

***

3rd Person's POV

Jinyoung and Mark have shared magical moments before but by far this was the most amazing one. Their hearts were beating in tune, reflecting their feelings for one another.

And so, when Mark opened the box, Jinyoung broke down just like Mark did 4 years ago. He knelt down with Mark on the plain field of grass. Tears rolling down his cheeks as he nodded.

He was speechless.

Mark was tearing up too. He carefully picked up the ring and showed Jinyoung what the engraving read:

'Our Secret'

"It doesn't need to just be our secret anymore," Mark explained. "But it was ours and still ours,"

Jinyoung placed his forehead against Mark's as Mark gently pushed the ring onto his finger.

"I love you Park Jinyoung,"

"I love you Mark Tuan,"

---------