2.9-Shift

Jungkook's POV

"YAHHHH KOOKIE THE SHIP IS GONNA FUCKING SAIL TODAY!" Dahyun yelled happily as she skipped around the room. I laughed.

"PREACHHH"

Dahyun cheered and Jackson joined in fanboying. I laughed at their dorky friendship. I noticed Jinyoung wasn't laughing- I looked at Hyung who smiled back at me. I signaled for him to follow me.

I let the keys dangle from my hands as I checked the windows.

"Hyung are you okay?" Jinyoung nodded, remaining silent. "You miss Mark, don't you?"

"Well, it's not like I can lie about it," Jinyoung said quietly as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. He kept his head down for a while.

I hesitated before patting his back.

"I know it's all my fault...how many weeks left until he's released?" I bit my lip from the frustration. If I could rewind time, I would really stop myself.

"Taeyong Hyung said 2 weeks but maybe less as he's healing quickly," I sadly smiled. "I'm sorry Hyung,"

Jinyoung looked up at me, and his gaze locked with mine. "It's not your fault, end of," I sighed.

"I'll get Dahyun ready to go to Mark's, can you give me his address please?" I asked as I followed Jinyoung back into the store room. Dahyun and Jackson were gossiping about something and started squealing.

"Yeah, his address is..." I nodded as I tapped Dahyun's shoulder. "Baby, let's go to Mark's house now," Dahyun smiled at us all, and gave Jackson a hug. She ran up and high-fived Jinyoung as we began to walk out of the shop. Once everyone was out I turned to lock the door.

"Bye oppas," Dahyun smiled as she clapped her hands. Her beautiful hair lightly dancing with the wind.

"See you later Dae," Jackson said fist pumping her hand. "Bye Dahyun," Jinyoung smiled as he waved.

I hugged Jackson first as I said bye and then I hugged Jinyoung Hyung. "See you soon Hyung,"

"Bye Jungkook," Jinyoung said as he came closer to my ear. "It's not your fault, okay?"

All I could do was smile before we parted ways.

***

"Dahyun I'll give you a piggy back since your legs hurt," I offered my girlfriend as she giggled. I hoisted her up and spun her quickly.

"Kookie stop!" She half-yelled, half-laughed as I stopped spinning her around. Her grip around my shoulders tightened. "Jeez, now I feel dizzy,"

She placed her head on top of mine. "I love you Dahyun," I blurted out.

"I love you too Jungkook,"

***

We arrived to Mark's house. I gave Dahyun a quick kiss on the lips and then she knocked on the door. I felt my breath halt. Inside we could hear footsteps draw closer to the door.

And then it opened.

An old man answered the door, his glasses had finger prints all over them and his beard was different shades of grey.

"Hello. Who are you?" The man bluntly said. I took Dahyun's hand in mine.

"Hello. I'm Jeon Jungkook and this is my girlfriend, Kim Dahyun..."

"Okay, why are you here Jungkook and Dahyun?" The man narrowed his eyes on us, and at that moment an old woman appeared behind the door from him with a confused expression.

"We are friends of Mark...we came here to collect his belongings," I felt the air get tense.

The man laughed loudly. "Oh that gay faggot," The man turned to his wife. "Here that, Mark actually has friends- a gay twat like him- has friends," I gritted my teeth together as the man rambled on,trying my best to not punch him.

"Sir, we just came to get Mark's things," Dahyun said with a straight face.

"Please take his unwanted crap, I don't want to touch it in case I contract a disease," Mark's dad moved out of the way to let us walk through. I wanted to beat the guy up but I kept the feeling to myself.

Mark's dad led the way, upstairs to a cosy room, painted baby blue with a small desk and bed. Mark's wall had pictures of him and his friends. Notably, Jinyoung wasn't in any but I saw Jackson and the others.

"Take his crap and leave," He sternly muttered before walking off. I sighed.

"Urgh," Dahyun huffed out.

And for half an hour we packed up most of Mark's belongings.

We didn't bring any bags so we had to hold everything we could.

Both of our pockets were filled up with under garments (Dahyun got the socks as I didn't let her touch another man's underwear). Any books that we thought were useful were tucked into our belts. Dahyun took off her sweater and wrapped all the clothes together. We took Mark's PS4 too...just to annoy the homophobic asshole.

I led the way as we walked down the stairs. 

Mark's dad and mum were no where in sight as we walked out.

I felt immediately safer the moment we left. I turned to my girlfriend who rolled her eyes.

"What a disgusting man," I said to myself.

"He's so pathetic," Dahyun joined in on our roast session.

***

We finally reached Mark and Jinyoung's apartment. I was sweating from the amount I was carrying and Dahyun's feet hurt again. I elbowed the door, knowing it would be open.

We entered the room and saw Jinyoung, who at first didn't notice we were there. "Guess who's back~" Dahyun began and Jinyoung looked at us,wide eyed.

"Back again~" I joined in. Jinyoung slow jogged over to us from the other side of the room, and hugged us both.

"Are you okay? What did Mark's parents say? Did you get everything?"

"Yes we're okay Hyung," I reassured him as I set down the PS4. "Mark's dad was throwing insults at Mark whenever he got the chance to. And, yeah we got everything Mark would need,"

"Thank you guys," Jinyoung smiled as he helped us unpack.

"Oppa, that asshole said he didn't want to touch Mark's things in case he gets a disease," Dahyun shook her head firmly.

"Wow. That's his own flesh and blood he's talking about- that ungrateful man," Jinyoung muttered.

---------