1.9-Mianhae

Jaebum's POV

(Time skip - Monday?)

I took a sharp turn into the gates. Dahyun texted me telling me she was following Mark. She also told me that she wore her hair in a bun but I obviously did not care about that.

I felt oddly nervous.

And I had every right to be. The boys were laughing at Jackson. Mark wasn't here obviously. They were all facing him in a small semi circle and did not notice my presence...all but the said boy. Jackson locked eyes with me almost immediately and stomped over in my direction.

I put on an unamused face when he grabbed my collar and yanked me closer to him.

"You ungrateful dipshit. Look I dunno what you said to Yugs and Bam but whatever the fuck you told them broke them apar-"

"-Great Jackson. Now can you please let me go, you see-" I gestured to Jinyoung and Youngjae's expressions. "-You're scaring the boys,"

Jackson looked at them too before sighing and letting me go. He flipped me the finger before going back to them. Feeling content, I turned my heel in the other direction.

***

Dahyun's POV

Mark's figure kept on reappearing and disappearing amongst the crowd. It was getting packed with people by now. We were on the busy streets of Seoul with the cars blaring loudly. I watched Mark closely as he turned in a familiar direction to school, and I repeated his steps. My uniform was hiding underneath my coat, out of sight in case he looks back. But he never did thankfully.

For the next half hour I was just copying his steps. Noticing my shoelace was untied, I quickly bent down to fix it. When I looked back up I lost him.

"Fuck," I murmured before charging into the crowd rudely. Jaebum will kill me.

I ran up and down the streets endlessly and turned back to do it all over again when I noticed a small gap in between two buildings. How come I never noticed this while walking with Kookie to work?

I put the thought aside and sauntered into the alleyway, which was somewhat darker than the bright streets. Large statues were placed at the sides.

I walked briskly, trying not to get distracted by the thought of Jaebum ripping me to shreds. I was half way through the alleyway when my body was hurled to the ground. I wasn't hurt but I was alarmed for sure.

I hestitated to look up. But when I did, I saw Mark with a blank expression plastered onto his face.

"Why have you been following me?" Mark said darkly. He curled his hands into fists.

I better play dumb.

"Oppa!" I squawked annoyingly. "What are you talking about?" I asked as I batted my eyelashes.

Instead of receiving an answer straight away Mark grabbed me by my collar and hoisted me up against the wall. I felt blood pumping around my body and I wimpered as my head hit the wall.

"Don't make me ask again. Why have you been folllowing me?" Mark whispered and I tightly shut my eyes. I felt so dizzy and my head hurt like hell. It was throbbing alongside my heart.

"I...I-" I began. "Jaebum wanted me to f-follow you around," I admitted after a while as I felt Mark breathe.

It was quiet for a while. With cars speeding off in the distance. Mark loosened the grip enough for me to easily run away but I didn't move. I couldn't move.

Mark eventually crouched down to the ground and buried his head in between his legs. "Why?"

The question came as a whisper. And, I felt guilt wash over me.

I kept a straight face as I spoke. "I assume you know he liked you. Well, I was his girlfriend but...he broke up with me." I sighed as I recalled the moment in my head.

"He broke up with me 'cause he was still in love with you..." I looked down at Mark who I noticed was silently sobbing. I slid my back down the wall and rubbed circles on his back. "He noticed that you guys weren't at school one day and Jackson talked to you guys privately so he asked me to help him collect information on you two,"

I coughed as I recalled what Jaebum told me he had done. "Jaebum knew that two of your friends are easy to crack. I think their names were Youngjin and Yeomsun?"

"Nah. Youngjae and Yugyeom," He replied quietly, sniffling.

"Okay mianhae," I carried on. "He tried to ask Youngjae and apparently Jackson interfered before your friend could say anything. He told me he confronted Yugyeom about your relationship with Jinyoung but he didn't know anything. And...he threatened Yugyeom that if he knows anything and if he doesn't tell him he'll basically expose him and Bambam's relationship,"

***

Mark's POV

I took a moment to grasp the situation as I sat up and looked up at the girl. She smiled sadly back at me. I had no more tears left. "What's your name?"

"Kim Dahyun,"

"Okay Dahyun," I smiled at her. "Is life for you better now?" She really did not seem that bad now that I know who is.

"Yeah. Jaebum was considerate enough to introduce me to his friend Jungkook. We've been dating for a while and he even quit school to pay for the apartment and my school fees. We both work at an antique shop. You should come 'round sometime!" Dahyun spoke with glee but I could not help but feel envy for her simple life.

I stood up, feeling bittersweet, as I dusted myself clean. I gave out my hand for her to use to get up. She thanked me afterwards. I did quite an unexpected thing and hugged her.

"Thank you Dahyun," I croaked out.

"Thanks too Mark. And, mianhae for following you around. Jaebum said I owed him as he got me Jungkook and I stupidly agreed. I just felt sympathy for him, I guess." She whispered and I just repeated that it was fine.

We both broke away with huge grins on our faces. I turned to the entrance of the alleyway where I met a tall boy with raven hair staring back at me with wild eyes.

"J-Jungkook?" I heard Dahyun whisper behind me as the boy shook his head in anger before charging at me.

And, that was the last thing I remembered from that day.

***

Rringggg rringggg

---------