2.2-Thoughts

Mark's POV

"Bye baby." Jinyoung said lightly as he pecked my forehead.

"Wrong place Jinny," I smirked as with my good hand, I pointed to my lips. He chuckled before briefly kissing me.

"Yeah that's better," I scoffed. "Hey babe, would your parents be upset?"

His face immediately fell. "Yeah, I've been bunking school and it's five so I'll definitely get caught,"

He looked at his phone. "12 missed calls, 8 texts," He groaned. "I'll call him now,"

The phone immediately picked up. "Park Jinyoung! Where have you been?" A groggy voice slurred.

"Appa, my friend went to the hospital, I'm coming home now," He replied in a monotone voice, lacking any emotion. Jinyoung locked eyes with me, as he walked over.

"Okay. But when you get back, you will be in a lot of trouble," the stern voice hung up afterwards.

"I have to go now Mark," I nodded. He pressed his lips against mine once more and smiled. "Be safe Mark, I'll try and see you tomorrow,"

"Be safe Jinny, I love you!" I yelled back, as I saw him spin around and smile.

"I love you Mark,"

Although it was only 5pm, my eyes started to get drowsy and I fell into an uncomfortable sleep.

***

Mark's POV

I felt something prod my shoulder repeatedly. Slowly I peeled my eyes open to see the doctor that operated on me.

"Sorry Mark but this is urgent," Taeyong began. "The police are waiting here to talk with you," I nodded as I rubbed my eyes. Taeyong abruptly left and reappeared with 3 police officers and one boy in handcuffs.

"Hello, Mr. Tuan," One officer spoke. His face was youthful and his eyes sparkled. He resembled a young boy. "My name is Mark too!" He giggled. I cracked a grin.

"Not now Lee," A slightly older officer interrupted.

"Mianhae, I'm Officer Lee. This is Officer Min Yoongi," Mark said while pointing at the older officer with a frown on his face. "And, this is Officer Kim Namjoon," I observed Namjoon as he dunked a lollipop into his coffee.

"Hello," I said quietly, feeling incredibly small. My eyes narrowed down to the raven head boy in cuffs.

"Okay Mr. Tuan today, you were beaten up by this boy. Is this true?" Namjoon spoke as he jerked his head at the tall boy. His head was facing the ground but I managed to catch a bruise on his cheeks.

I remember him being the last thing I saw.

"Y-yeah," I choked out, I watched as the boys' shoulders tensed.

"Okay," Yoongi jotted down. "We have yet to interview the other witnesses of this attack but we would like to know now if you would like to press charges on Jeon Jungkook for assault,"

I remained silent debating on whether or not I should do this to him. From what Dahyun told me, he gave up his family, his education and free time on her. If I saw Jinyoung hugging another person, sure I'd be angry too.

But...I lost 2 fingers and they won't come back. I could've died, and even now it pains me.

In theory though, this is Jaebum's fault.

I took one last glance at my bandaged right hand.

I looked directly at Jungkook, who's head was still facing the ground. "No. I would not like to press charges against Jungkook."

Yoongi and Namjoon looked at each other. Mark mouthed to me "You sure?" and I nodded my head again. I focused on Jungkook who was silently sobbing.

"Can I talk to him alone?" I requested and Namjoon reluctantly nodded before leaving with the other two. Mark gave me a thumbs up before being yanked away by Yoongi.

Soon we were alone.

***

3rd Person's POV

Mark propped himself up, afraid to speak yet wanted to talk to him. Jungkook, on the hand, was creating a small puddle on the ground.

"Hey Jungkook," He spoke softly. "I forgive you,"

Jungkook sniffled slightly, as he finally looked up at Mark, exposing the cuts and bruise on his cheek. "Mianhae...I-I don't know what happened. I just...I jus-just," Jungkook clenched his fists as he started bawling.

Mark was taken back by the outburst. "Why-why did you not charge me!" He yelled,as his sobs choked him.

Mark voiced my opinion gently. "I understand why you got angry. You gave up everything for Dahyun, right? She's your everything and your her everything. I don't want to come in between that," Mark gave him a genuine smile.

"You know Jaebum right?" The boy on the bed asked. He hummed. "You should know that he asked Dahyun to help him get me. He tried to find out if I was dating Jinyoung..." He paused to look at Jungkook.

"Why-did she help him?" He asked with a shaky tone.

"Jaebum's excuse was that he helped her meet you," Mark whispered softly.

"O-oh," Jungkook gasped.

"She loves you. She really does and Jaebum made her think she owed him. So...she began to stalk me for a bit until I caught her in that alleyway. I asked her why she was following me and she explained the same thing I'm explaining to you..."

"She told me about you. Dahyun mentioned how much she loves you and how she enjoys walking with you to work. I hugged her, out of friendship...believe me," Jungkook smiled at the mention of Dahyun.

"I...I'm sor-"

"-No its fin-"

"-Please let me say this. I need to." Jungkook said sternly. Mark remained silent. "I'm sorry for hurting you. Your fingers...aren't gonna grow back. I'm sorry for making you bleed and giving you bruises. I'm sorry for shouting at you and for letting my jealousy get in the way. I-I am sorry that Dahyun had to see me like that. I'm sorry for Doyoung Hyung and Jaehyun for trying to stop me. I'm sorry for making Jinyoung cry," Mark bit his lip at the name of his lover.

"Mianhae,"

***

??? POV

"JAEBUM!"

---------