2.3-Please

Mark's POV (Time skip to the next day)

Jungkook and I talked for a while until the officers told him it was time to go. He brought a chair up to my bed and sat down telling me stories of how he met his friends. I noted how after every story he would apologise. And I would say it was okay. And it went like that for a while. But, he seems nice and truly genuine. Halfway through the other Mark,Yoongi and Namjoon joined us.

The other Mark was very enthusiastic and joined us to talk. We got along pretty well and for an officer he still tells you personal things. For example, he rambled on about his girlfriend Yeri who's currently abroad. Yoongi, on the other hand, looks scary but is nice. He kept on asking me if I'm okay or if he should open the windows. The other Mark pinched his cheeks every time he would offer to do something and shout "Yoongi Hyung, I thought you were an ahjussi!" and then Yoongi will scream back saying that he's only a couple years older than him. Namjoon was very reserved and occasionally spoke to me but I could tell he was just here to look after the other two.

***

I smiled at the odd memory as I sighed. Taeyong came in earlier and told me that my leg is slowly getting better and asked me basic questions about my hand. I now try to avoid looking at my mangled hand. Visiting hours have already started and no one has paid me a visit yet. I know the guys are at school now with Jinny but I was secretly hoping that they would sneak out to see me. I doubt Jinny can see me with his family watching him constantly. Family...

A knock at the door brought me back to my senses.

"Come in!" I yelled hoarsely. It was quiet for a while as the door opened loudly, revealing the last person I would ever want to see.

His jet black hair shot out in all directions. 

Stains were scattered around his shirt.

His eyes were red.

Jaebum.

I suddenly felt so vunerable as his gaze locked with mine. He was my friend. All those late nights we'll be arguing on our group chat. All those lunchtimes where we would share stories about our youth.

They are all gone. All gone 'cause of him.

I scoffed.

"Why are you here?" I said in a quiet tone. My heart was racing as I breathed in, remembering what the others had told me about him.

He remained silent. The silence was killing me. But then, his foot tapped the cold tiles as he walked towards me. Left, right. Left, right.

His figure was standing in front of me. 

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT! ARRGGGH GO AWAY!" I yelled as my eyes began to water. He didn't flinch but instead he lightly touched my leg. I tried to move but I cried as the pain surged throughout my body.

"I...did this to you," He softly spoke as his finger trailed up and down my thigh. His cold touch was just as cold as his expression. I remained silent as I carefully watched him. "Remember when I was 12, I waited for you at the entrance..." I nod as I watch his arm. I knew where this tale was leading.

"Everyday I would walk with you and do everything to make you happy," He chuckled to himself. "I even argued with a teacher to give your phone back and I got detention for a week," His hand moved from my leg and onto my chest.

"That one day. I waited for a half an hour after the bell went off. I remember watching you walk out alone so I talked to you. I asked you about your day. I asked if you are okay. But, you never did that for me. I asked if we could go a different route home, and you agreed. So we went to this huge field of grass," His hand slowly trailed up.

"You...looked so elegant, crouching down as you watched that butterfly. I want to be that butterfly. I want you...to look at me like you looked at that butterfly. That's when I shouted that I love you. I...I love you," His hand reached my cheek and stroked it. I whimpered at the unfamiliar touch.

"So let me have this moment..." He whispered as he closed the space between us. I felt droplets fall onto my face as he desperately tried to get me to kiss back. He broke away, sadly smiling.

"I guess I will leave you alone now,"

***

Youngjae's POV

School had just ended and I walked off alone. The other guys were all distant today. Jinyoung Hyung didn't even say a word. We didn't know what to say. Jackson Hyung told me that Jinyoung was scolded at home so we should give him space.

I took the familiar route home, looking down as I walked past the hospital. It's not that I didn't want to see Mark Hyung or anything like that, I just wanted to be alone today. I sucked in a deep breath as I paced forward.

As soon as I passed the hospital I looked ahead at the isolated street ahead. The buildings were high up, many of which were businesses or shops. In the middle of the street I saw the library. Something caught my eye- I tilted my head up to see a small figure in the distance balancing on the railing.

I took a double take. The familiar head of fluffy black hair, the same bright red converse shoes...

No, it can't be him.

I sprinted into the library, pushing people out of the way as I yelled the same name over and over again:

"JAEBUM!"

--------