Chapter 29- I love you

'Tell me what?' She asks.
I took a deep breath before I started talking.

'Last year, I dated this one girl. Nobody knew about her except Alex and my mom. One night we got a little too carried away, and we had sex. I was 17 and she was only 15. I knew we shouldn't of had sex, but we did. A week later, she came to me and told me she was pregnant. I was so overwhelmed with everything else, I was just starting to become famous. It was a lot of pressure, and I couldn't handle it all. She says she told her mom, and her mom said that if I would help her take care of the baby, she could keep it. Her mom said it was all up to me and her. I couldn't provide for a baby and I told her that a week later, only to find out that she had already had an abortion. I was kind of sad, I admit. Me and her never spoke again after that. And the reason why I had you quickly get dressed and seem like you were asleep, was because my mom caught me before having sex with that other girl. And after all of those things happened with her, my mom said I couldn't have sex until I was old enough to. And I just had sex with you, and it was amazing and absolutely perfect, but I didn't want to get caught and be in trouble again with my mom.'

Talia is just staring at me, she looked shocked. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked away from her.
'Oh' was all she said.
'Yeah..' I say.
We sit there in silence when I decide to look over at Talia. She's almost crying. What did I say? I didn't do anything did I? I didn't hurt her, why is she close to crying? I reach over and wrap my arms around her shoulders in a hug, and pull her close to my chest. She's crying now.
'Shh don't cry. It's okay. What's wrong Babe?'
'It's fine.' She mumbles.
'No Talia. It obviously isn't fine, you're crying.'
I reach my thumbs up to her cheeks and wipe away her tears.
'Okay..I should tell you why I was sad in the car earlier when you played that one song.'

She looks at me and I give her a reassuring smile. She takes a deep breath before she starts talking.

'When I was 16, I started dating this one guy who was 19. He was three years older than me, but we both loved each other. I met him my freshman year of high school and he was a senior, and we were really good friends. Then at his graduation the same year, he told me he really liked me and wanted me to be his girlfriend. I said yes because I really liked him too. I dated him my whole softmore year and part of my junior year. During my spring break of Junior year, he took me to a party. I had just turned 17 and he had turned 20 earlier that year. We went to this party and we were having fun, but I was really tired so I went out to sit in the car. A few minutes later, he came out and got in the car with me,'

She stops talking and looks at me, I give her a reassuring smile for her to keep going. She looks down and closes her eyes for a second, and takes another deep breath. This must be really hard for her to tell me, but I guess I need to know.

'He turned on the radio and it was that same song...the one that came on in your car this afternoon. And he tried to h-have s-sex with m-me. He turned the song up really loud and it was really dark, so nobody could hear or see us. He tried to, but I pushed him away. At the one part of the song, he h-hit m-me...Hard. And he said things to me like 'Shut up you little bitch' and 'Let me fuck you slut'. He pinned me down on the seat and I thought he would end up getting what he wanted, but I couldn't let him. I shoved my knee into an area where a guy doesn't want to get hit, he stopped and looked at me holding his area. He p-punched m-me right in my face, I quickly got out of the car and started running. He ran after me but I kept running away from him as fast as I could, crying.'

She stops and looks at me again. I'm sitting there shocked. I look at her and nod for her to keep going.

'After a while I didn't hear him running after me and I looked behind me. He wasn't there so I stopped running. I called my one friend who was at the party and had her come pick me up, because I had no clue how to get back to my house. I went home and went to sleep. The next few days I went to school, and after school he would always be there and try to pick me up. I told him it was over between us but he wouldn't listen. He kept bothering me, and the one time he came to my house and hit me in front of both my parents and they called the cops. My parents filed a restraining order against him, and I thought I was fine now but I was wrong. He came back again and broke into my house. I was home alone and once I heard him, I quickly hid from him. I called the cops and told them he was back and they said they would come quietly so he wouldn't hear them, and they would arrest him and put him in jail. He was supposed to be in jail for a whole year, and that whole year ended last winter. And he came back to me, he followed me everywhere I went but didn't talk to me, he just watched me. He stalked me, that's one of the reasons I decided to come to Miami. I needed to get away from him, but I'm still afraid he'll find me again.'

She finishes talking and looks up at me, she has tears in her eyes. I pull her into my lap and hug her close while she cries into my chest.

'It will be okay babe. Don't worry.' I say reassuringly and her crying slows down and finally stops after a little while. She looks up at me and I kiss her cheeks lightly where there are still tears. When they are all gone she looks up at me and leans in to kiss me. She kisses me and I kiss back.

'I love you.' I say.
'I love you too.' She says back to me.

I smile and kiss her again.
'You should probably get some sleep babe. It's late.' I say.
'Okay.' She says quietly.

I lay down and she cuddles up to me. I love it when she does this, she's just adorable. I wrap my one arm around her and pull her closer to me. She just moves around and cuddles back into my body. I pull the covers up over both our bodies then kiss the top of Talia's head.
'Goodnight baby' I say into her ear quietly.
'Night' She mumbles quietly.

After a few minutes, Talia's breathing slows down and her chest slowly rises and falls. That's how I know she's asleep. I've been trying to fall asleep too, I just can't. I keep thinking about what Talia had told me about that guy. And I keep thinking about the paparazzi and all those pictures of us. What if that guy comes back while I'm on tour and not there to protect her? What if the rumors of us dating get worse over the next few days before the night of the VMA's?
Maybe I can get my manager to let Talia come on tour with me, it's my first world tour and I want her there. I'll miss her too much while I'm away.

I think about all these things for a while when I finally decide to try and go to sleep again. I look at Talia and say 'I really do love you babe' quietly. I know she's asleep and she didn't hear me but I needed to say it. I smile to myself then close my eyes and fall asleep.