Chapter 10- The Movies

I turn off my computer and take my iPhone out of my ipod dock. I text Courtney and say 'Hey what's up'.
She responds a few minutes later saying she's watching tv and she asks me if anything else happened since yesterday morning. The only thing I told her was that Austin and I are going to the movies tonight. She already knew that though. She asks me what I'll wear, and I tell her that I'll probably wear my one white dress with the brown belt in the middle, and also put on my short sleeve jean jacket. She tells me that later, before I leave, to send her a picture of my outfit. I say 'okay I will' and she wants me to text or call her after I get back from the movies, to tell her what happened.
Me and Courtney talk for the next half an hour maybe, texting each other. But she had to go to the store and do stuff so we stopped texting.

I remember that I have to go back to the diner and fill out papers so I grab my purse, shoes, and my keys. I walk out the door, lock it, and go to my car.
I drive to the diner and when I get there I talk to the waitress from yesterday. She gives me papers to fill out and a pen. I sit at the counter on a stool and fill out the papers. When I finish filling out the papers I give them back to the women. She looks over the papers and says 'Well all your information looks good. You got the job. We will need you to be a waitress. Here, follow me so we can get you a uniform and other things.'
I follow her into and office and she has me try on a shirt. She says that I can wear shorts, the shirt, and sneakers or sandals. The shirt is a tank top with the diner name on the front(on my chest). She gives me an apron/belt to put around my waist, and a notepad to write customers orders in. I say 'Thank you. Is this all I'll need?'
'Yes that's all. Be here at 8am when the diner opens tomorrow.' she says.
'Okay. See you tomorrow morning. Bye.' I say then walk out the door.
I get back in my car and drive home.

When I get home I put all my things on the living room table and decide to watch tv. I turn on NCIS and watch it, while doing other stuff on my iPhone. It's almost 5pm when Austin calls me.
Austin: Hey Talia
Me: Hey Austin what's up
Austin: Nothing, I was just watching tv. And I was bored so I thought I would call you.
Me: Okay
Austin: So what are you doing?
Me: Well I just got back from that diner, I had to fill out papers. And I was actually watching tv too, not really doing anything.
Austin: That's cool. Did you get the job?
Me: Yeah, I got the job. I have to be there tomorrow at 8am, when the diner opens.
Austin: That's great Talia. I'm happy you got a job.
Me: Yeah.
Austin: So are you gonna be ready to go to the movies at 6?
Me: Yeah! So what movie are we going to see?
Austin: It's gonna be a surprise.
Me: Oh fine.
Austin: This will be our first date, and I hope there will be many more.
Me: Yeah me too.
Austin: Okay Talia, well I have to go, I'll pick you up at 6. See you soon. Bye beautiful.
Me: Okay, see you soon. Bye Austin.

I hang up the phone and check to see what time it is. It's like 5:30pm so I go upstairs to get ready.
I put on my white dress with the brown belt, and put a short sleeve jean jacket over top. I go into the bathroom and do my makeup and hair. I put my hair into a fishtail braid. When I go back out into my room I go over to my jewelry case. I put on anchor earrings, an anchor necklace, and an anchor bracelet.
I take out my pair of white lace high heels, from my closet and carry them downstairs. It's literally 6:00 when I come downstairs. I grab my phone off of the couch and then my doorbell rings. I quickly put on my heels and then answer the door.
'Wow Talia. You look beautiful. Are you ready to go?' Austin says.
'Thanks. And yeah I'm ready.' I say.

I close and lock the door behind me, then Austin and I walk to his car.
He opens the passenger door for me and I get in. He walks around to the drivers side and gets in.
On the way there, he turns on the radio. We listen to the radio for most of the drive, but not that many good songs come on.
Then his song 'What About Love' comes on, and he sings it to me. After the song's over he smiles at me and I smile back, then we pull into the movie theater parking lot.
Austin walks around the car to open the door for me. I get out of the car and Austin puts his arm around my waist as we start walking. I smile to myself. We walk into the movie theater and Austin buys two tickets to The Conjuring. (It's a horror movie, oh god, why Austin?Why?)

Me: Austin, well I'm not really good when it comes to horror movies, as you saw last night...
Austin: Don't worry I'll protect you, even if it means staying with you overnight.
He winks at me and I mumble 'Alright...'

Austin and I walk to get popcorn, and then walk into the movie. We sit at top, in the back, off to the side. When the movie starts Austin grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers. I put my head on his shoulder.

At all the scary parts I would squeeze Austin's hand really tight and lean into him more.
By the end of the movie my face is buried in Austin's shoulder, and I'm holding his hand tightly.
I get up out of my seat and Austin and I start walking out of the movie, still holding hands. When we get out into the hallway, I apologize to Austin for holding his hand really tightly.

Austin: It's okay Talia. I knew you didn't like scary movies so I shouldn't of chose to take you to one, I'm sorry. You know, I'll always be here to protect you.
Me: Okay Austin. I'm still terrified of that movie though.
Austin: Ok, well I guess I'll have to stay with you tonight so nothing comes and gets you. I wouldn't want you taken from me.(He winks at me)
I look at him and I feel myself blush, oh god why? I look back down and just say 'Okay'.

Austin and I walk out to his car holding hands. He opens the door for me and I get in. He gets in the drivers side and asks me if I want to stop at McDonalds to get something to eat. I say 'Sure' and we drive to McDonald's.
We go in the drive through line, and we both get double cheeseburgers with fries.
Austin pulls into a parking spot so we can eat. I eat my burger and fries and so does Austin. He asks me if I'm finished and I say yes, so he starts to drive back to my house. The whole way home I'm looking down,fiddling with my hands in my lap. I'm so freaked out because of that movie. Austin notices so he reaches over his hand and grabs mine. I look up at him, and he says 'Talia, it was just a movie. Nothing is going to happen to you. I'll be right here next to you. You can calm down now babe.' He smiles at me.
I smile a weak smile back and then look out the window. Austin's still holding onto my hands in my lap.
We get back to my house and Austin walks me inside. I tell him that I'm fine and he doesn't have to stay, but he says he wants to. I tell Austin to follow me upstairs so I can show him one of the extra bedrooms for him to sleep in. He walks into the bedroom and I leave to go over to my bedroom. I turn on the light and go into my bathroom. I take out my hair and brush it out, then I brush my teeth. I walk back out into my room and I'm about to take off my dress when the lights dim (in all the rooms you can dim the light). I turn around and see Austin standing there.