01

"You're my path

"You're my path. And you're always going to be my path."

Davina and Peter's second chance at having a relationship had been going well for the most part.

Not only had they both matured greatly since high school but they now knew more about relationships and how to be in one.

Which is why when Davina got an unbelievable offer so close after graduating, she knew she had to tell Peter.

So she arranged a date with her boyfriend, making sure to butter him up before she broke the news to him.

He knew something was up though and was anxiously waiting for her to actually spill what she was holding in.

"I uh... I got an offer in Maryland to work for Johns Hopkins... which is a really big deal, Pete."

He slowly nodded now, scratching the back of his neck, nervous as to what she was going to say, "Okay? What does this mean?"

"This means... this means I have things to consider. I have to think about what I want for my career and- and-"

"And if we're worth putting your career on hold?"

"It's not about being worth it or my career being more important. This is about me doing what's best for me. And right now I think that's..."

"That's away from me. All the way in Maryland."

"This isn't about us Peter!"

"Why not?! Are we not important enough?"

"Of course we're important enough! But- but maybe this is just a test for us. If we can handle this-"

"I should go."

"Peter!"

He went to walk away but Davina was quick to stop him, "No. No. You don't get to walk away."

"I have to go."

With that he left Davina standing there, their date ending in a bad place as she stood in front of her apartment feeling hurt, watching him leave her all alone.

But it was watching him leave she decided she had to do things to be the bigger person yet again. She had to do what was best for both of them.

She knew she should probably do it in person but she knew looking at him she'd probably chicken out so she settled for going into her room to do what she needed to do.