09

After Peter's bump in with Matt the other day, Matt thought it'd be a good idea to get to know Davina's friend

So, naturally, he wanted to set a double date between the two and Peter with MJ to do just that.

And as much as Davina didn't agree, she knew she couldn't protest- or else Matt would know something was up.

She didn't want any drama so instead she agreed, Peter reluctantly agreeing too which is why he found himself where he was now.

Him and MJ standing outside of the expensive restaurant, hand in hand.

"They do know we don't make that much money right?" MJ mumbled, eyeing the loads of rich looking people sitting inside.

"I uh... well it's too late to back out now."

With that the couple started making their way in, MJ wanting to leave as soon as she saw some people eyeing her.

"I can't believe you agreed to this." MJ mumbled, squeezing Peter's hand slightly as the hostess started guiding them to the table.

Peter only sighed though, not believing it himself especially when he saw the two already seated, Davina wiping the top of his lip.

Matt was the first to notice them, standing up while fixing his suit jacket, Davina following too, standing up to greet the two.

"So you two haven't properly met. Matt this is Mary Jane Watson Peter's girlfriend, also an old friend of mine and MJ this is my fiancé Matthew Wayne."

The two smiled at each other, having shaken hands moments ago before the four of them were seated.

Before any of them could talk, it was silently decided to order first instead, getting that out of the way.

MJ almost didn't want to order though, not being able to look away from the prices, knowing her cafe job wouldn't like this at all.

Matt must've noticed something was up with the two because he was quick to speak up, "I can always pay for the whole mean if... you two..."

He trailed off, not knowing how to put what he was going to say with the right words, MJ wanting to roll her eyes while Peter faked a smile instead.

"We got it."

So the four ordered their meals, all sitting in silence, neither of them really knowing what to say to the other.

It was finally Davina who decided to break the silence, looking at MJ with a smile, "So hey, Peter tells me you've been singing and stuff."

"Well, yeah. It's a side thing for me when I'm not in college."

Davina nodded now, MJ taking a much needed sip of her whine as she looked at Davina, "And how about you? What have you been doing these days?"

"Well I'm currently on my third year at Harvard."

"Wow." The two said, obviously surprised at that newly discovered fact.

"Yeah." Davina said with a small blush, "I'm studying to be a doctor. And actually- Peter you were the one to inspire me to do that. You know with the-"

Davina suddenly stopped herself, realizing she was about to out Peter's secret identity to Matt. She may love and trust him but that wasn't her secret to tell.

Peter noticed this too, deciding on stepping in, "Well I'm honored Dee, really. But I didn't know you decided to go to school at all. I remember Connor telling me you weren't going to go."

"Yeah. I wasn't planning on it but when I met dad he got upset that I had such fantastic grades and wasn't going to school so he made some calls and yeah..."

"She worked really hard to catch up. Studied summers and winters." Matt spoke proudly now, Davina smiling at him.

"Yeah. But even now that I'm finally caught up and almost done, there's no slowing down."

"That's crazy. How are you going to find the time to plan the wedding?"

"Oh I'm actually almost done."

Peter almost spit his drink out, MJ definitely noticing that but instead deciding to save that conversation for later.

"My girl here. Best multi-tasker in the world."

Grinning, Davina nodded, "That and Liz has been a major help. And everything has just fallen to place."

"You two getting married here?" Peter managed to choke out, Matt nodding as he laced his fingers with Davina's.

"Yeah. Already have the family on standby for when they have to fly out here."

"It's really important to me that Liz attends my wedding... I hope you two will make it out too."

"Can't wait to RSVP." Mary Jane said with a smile and thumbs up, Peter chuckling a bit as he nodded.

"I just can't believe that it went from bumping into some random girl on my first day as an intern to marrying her." Matt said now looking at Davina, her blushing when she saw the way he was looking at her.

"Aw. Matt. You're really sweet." MJ noted, smiling brightly at the couple.

"I just really love her. She's changed my life for the better."

Placing a kiss on the top of her head, Davina found herself blushing more, shaking her head as she tried to cover her cheeks.

"You just love embarrassing me Matthew."

"No. I just love you." He went to lean in to kiss her, Peter almost wanting to web his mouth shut, not wanting to see that but luckily for him the waitress was faster.

She placed their dishes in front of them, each ready to dig in when Davina suddenly asked, "So how did you two finally happen?"

"Oh!" Mary Jane said now, placing her fork down, "I was just being the best friend I always was, helping him with a heartbreak."

Davina looked over at Peter at that word, feeling uncomfortable, especially with Matt at her side when MJ continued.

"And then one thing led to another and we just started seeing each other. Just dates at first and then he finally mustered up the courage to ask me to be his girlfriend and... yeah, here we are now."

Davina smiled, noticing the bright smile on MJ's face. She was genuinely happy. She was in love with Peter Parker.

"Now that's sweet. Like any other love story, falling for your best friend."

"Yeah well it may have been easy for me but it was definitely more work for this one."

Peter gasped at that, the group laughing for the first time that night and many times after that.

It seemed like all they needed was to get the awkwardness out of the way so that they were able to have a good time.

Maybe things would be okay between the four of them.

*** from now on I'm going to try to posting double so that I can actually finishing this before Homecoming comes out 💕