15

Slipping her shirt off, Davina turned to face her locker, getting her clean shirt out, ready to turn around when she was stopped by Liz

Liz had her hand on her hip, inspecting the nasty bruise that decorated her best friend's body.

"What in the hell is that?"

Sighing, Davina slipped her shirt on, turning to face Liz as she dully explained, "That is rejection at its finest my friend."

That caught the attention of MJ, Liz frowning now as she crossed her arms, "Tell me Peter Parker hit you and I swear to god-"

"Hey. Calm down. He didn't hit me." Davina reassured, smiling at her as she slammed her locker door shut.

"You know pushing you into something counts as hitting you, right?"

"I'm aware of that, yes."

"Okay, then what is that? Some type of weird sex injury?"

MJ cringed at that, looking away as Davina rolled her eyes, "No smarty. That is Peter finding his best friend more interesting than me. Going as far as pushing me off the bed to attend to said best friend."

Liz now pointed over to MJ, "He ditched you for her?"

MJ looked up at that, wide-eyed as she looked between the two.

"Not her. Ned."

"That's even weirder Vee. Who ditches a girl like you for him?"

MJ wanted so badly to step in at that, wanting nothing more than to defend her best friend but instead, she figured she'd be better off just listening.

"I don't know. But I made it pretty clear how interested I was in him. Either he didn't get the hint or...."

MJ swore she said it in her head, she swore she hadn't said what she thought but when she saw the two girls looking at her wide-eyed, she knew she said it.

"Or maybe he's just not interested."

Liz was the first to snap out of it, quick to defend her best friend, "As if he wouldn't be interested in her. Every guy at Midtown wants her. Parker is lucky to even be in her graces!"

Davina was quick to put her hand on Liz's shoulder in a lame attempt to calm her down but who would calm Davina down?

"Maybe she's right."