11

Funerals were always the hardest

The Andersons weren't a big fan of them ever since they had to attend their own funeral of Connor's twin brother.

Davina was a baby and therefore didn't remember it at all but it was a day that the three Andersons never forgot and carried with them to this day.

Connor had been especially quiet today, memories of his twin brother hitting him when he saw all the crying people in the funeral.

He remembered being so distraught that day many years ago, wondering why in the hell people were apologizing when really the only one apologizing should have been the ass who ran over his brother and didn't even bother stopping.

That's exactly what Peter thought of the man who shot his uncle.

But instead of focusing all his anger on him, he also had most of the anger towards himself for not stopping that man when he had the chance.

He had the power to stop him now, that much was obvious, and yet he let a thief go into the night as means of revenge towards the ass who he had been speaking to only for it to go against him when the thief shot his uncle during his escape.

Now that picture was lodged in his brain, the image of his face permanently sketched in his mind, the wanted flyer stuffed in his suit pocket even today.

Just as a young Connor did except with the photo of his brother's own culprit all those years ago who was now luckily behind bars.

Peter didn't have that luck though- not yet at least. But he would stop at nothing until he was caught. He would think of nothing else until that day came- until he got revenge for his uncle Ben.

Meanwhile, Davina stood close by her brother, their dad's arm around him while their mother held Davina's hand, looking around for her friend.

Once May was spotted in the front like she expected, Mrs. Anderson immediately told the group she was going to her while Davina's eyes scanned for someone else, anyone else other than the Parkers.

Harry was the first one she spotted, him seated next to MJ as they stared blankly at the coffin, only looking up when Davina stood in front of them.

Harry was quick to get to his feet, greeting the brunette dressed in a black dress with her hair pushed back and no makeup on which was new for her, especially with so many people around.

Still, her looks were the last thing she thought of. All she could really think about now was Ben and what Peter thought of her.