27

When Tony Stark came barging in, claiming to be able to bring Davina back, no one believed him

But at that point everyone had been so desperate that they agreed, Peter and him rushing off to his building.

Steve said he'd be taking care of Connor, Wanda by his side while Sharon and Christian rushed after the two men, everyone hoping what Tony said was true.

And so that's what brought them there, now waiting anxiously for him to come out with good news.

But if they were being honest, they weren't sure if they were going to get any.

All anyone could think of or see in their minds was Davina taking her last breath.

That was her dying.

But what they didn't know was that unlike Nick Fury thought, Phil Coulson's reveal to being alive and well wasn't as shocking to Tony as it was to the others.

For years he had been working on something just like that, to bring someone back to life.

Especially after his encounter with Wanda for the first time, he wanted more than anything to prevent that from happening: losing a friend.

So he worked hard on it, day and night, finally coming up with something after years of practice.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't get to test it out properly so Davina would be his first subject.

He wasn't sure at first if he should even bring up the idea but seeing the lifeless girl laying there instead of making fun of him like she always did, he knew he had to.

He may have had selfish reasons but at that moment, so did everyone else.

No one wanted to lose her.

Especially not Peter who sat outside with everyone, her blood staining his clothes as he just looked straight ahead waiting for Tony to come out.

"You did everything you could, Pete." MJ tried to reason, worried for her ex-boyfriend who looked like a mess.

She wished she could've said more but evidently, she couldn't. Not with everyone in there all feeling the same way.

"How long is this going to take?" Christian groaned, his head falling into his hands with Sharon rubbing his back in an attempt to soothe him, even though she needed soothing herself.

Everyone was a mess, MJ being the only one intact enough to care for everyone else until Tony finally came out of the room.

He made her promise to make sure everyone stayed put, needing to be alone and concentrated in order to bring Davina back.

They were losing their patience though, no matter what MJ tried.

They just wanted to see her again, make sure everything was going okay.

When the next people to walk in was Steve and Wanda, they were all at the edge, their eyes glued to the door.

"We've got Connor in custody studying him, hoping he'll make a recovery."

Peter resisted the urge to roll his eyes, not really caring for the man who was supposed to love and care for his sister instead forcing her to shove a blade through herself.

But he didn't have much time to dwell on that when the door finally opened and Tony stepped out, letting out a breath he was holding as he stared at the group, everyone standing up nervously.

But Tony smiled a bit as he nodded, "I think it worked."

Everyone was quick to rush to Tony, him leading them to the room where Davina was already attached to machines.

"I was able to use my serum to get her back, got a pulse out of her. Now all that's left to do is wait."

And so everyone relaxed, happy they at least got a chance at getting her back, each taking a turn to hug the billionaire who could now add something else to his resume.

After he went to get cleaned up, the others took turns to speak to the unconscious girl before all that was left with Sharon, Christian, and Peter.

"My aunt Peggy named her." Sharon suddenly whispered, breaking the silence between the three as she held her daughter's hands, looking at her unconscious body.

"Davina means beloved.... she thought the name fit well for 'such a darling little girl'," Sharon said with a chuckle, remembering the memory as if it was yesterday.

Silence hit the three of them again, Christian clearing his throat as he spoke up.

"When she first walked into my office I- something in me knew that she was mine. And loving her was the easiest thing I've done. It's felt like I've been a part of her life the entire time... even if..."

Knowing what he was feeling, Sharon reached over to hold his hand, "Don't do that to yourself. We gave her a better life than we ever could've done as kids. We did good."

"You did." Peter mumbled, interrupting the moment, making them look at him, "The Andersons were the greatest. They raised her perfectly, even made my uncle Ben love her the first time he met her."

He watched Davina now, his heart breaking the longer he looked at her, "I mean, I fell in love with her the second I met her. She's an easy person to fall for. I've loved her ever since."

Peter now looked at the parents, growing teary-eyed as he shook his head, "I don't know what I'd do if I lost her- she's quite literally the love of my life."

The two sighed now, Sharon reaching over to hold his hand as well, smiling softly at him, "Our girl is a fighter. She'll make her way back to us."

And it was like Davina heard them, groaning quietly as she stirred in bed.

The three were startled, all standing, Christian pressing the button to call Tony, neither of them knowing what to expect.

While Tony did go into a lengthy detail of the serum, they were all still worried about the outcome or any side effects and whether they did the right thing or not.

But then Davina opened her eyes, blinking to adjust to the light, a small smile forming on her lips as she chuckled softly, "Well that hurt like hell."

The three laughed, each taking turns to hug the girl they almost lost.

The girl who meant the world to them.

And as she hugged each of them back, she was grateful, of course, but also saddened that she had to grieve yet more loss.

Not only had her big brother just tried to kill her but she was also sure she had lost the last piece she had of Matt.

She may have been alive but in turn, she lost their baby.

*** Cmon guys, you really think  I would've let our girl go like that??? 🙈 TONY STARK TO THE RESCUE (the loml)